PDA

View Full Version : Around the "World" in THREE days!! pre-trip report

luvDaMouse
10-07-2009, 03:34 PM
The Characters:

Me Dana
DH Tom
DD Anna my Halloween baby, my youngest, and the birthday girl
DD Stephanie 20 and her DDBF John (last time at Disney he was too young to remember much)

A little background info for this trip:
This was kind of a last minute trip well not really a last minute but by my “planning” standards it is. (I booked in June) I asked my daughter Anna what she wanted to do for her “18th” birthday, and low and behold she wanted to go to Disney! (Imagine my disappointment ;))She was born on Halloween and it has always been her favorite holiday! She loves all things Disney and especially Nightmare Before Christmas. DH ,Anna and myself did the MNSSHP last Sept but this will be my older DD and her BF’s first time.

Our Plan:
We arrive in MCO late on thurs 10-29, my dh and I have to go into work but we will leave early and will go home grab the kids and head out to Philly for our 6:20 flight on SW. (am interested to see how the early bird check in will work as I did not take that option) as I said we will arrive late at about 9:30 or so, we will take our bags with us to ME as I do not want to wait till midnight to get our luggage. And head off to SSR. As of now that is where we are staying (unless by some miracle and much pixi dust :pixie:my waitlist comes through for AKV or BLT) My DH and I have been on a diet for the last 8 weeks and we said that we would be good UNTIL we get to Disney then let the EATING BEGIN! :eat:(Just kidding) we will be good but are looking forward to being a little bad!:blush: So the plan is to get to the resort and head right to DTD for Earl of Sandwich! Back to the resort and depending on the time a late night swim and off to bed!

Now the fun begins, I have to plan 4 parks in 3 days! :whew: We have 3-day park hoppers with Park time on Fri-Sat and Sun only.

On Friday the plan is to be up and early and head right to Capt Cooks (sp?) for Tonga Toast! Thanks to all my friends at intercot for letting me know that we can get the “toast” at the quick service restaurant at the Poly so I didn’t have to get a TS adr at Kona! After our breakfast we will head to Epcot and spend the day there. No Adrs for today we will just eat our way around the FW festival! We originally planed to head to DHS for fantasmic on Friday night since it is the only night we could see it but the birthday girl opted for Spectro and Wishes so we will head to MK in time to see them and maybe head to the bakery for a Cinnamon bun and chocolate cake! That’s all my DH and I have been thinking about since starting our diet! We will close MK on Friday and head back to the resort to the hot tub then bed!

On Saturday, my DD birthday!:party2:
Up bright and early and head to DHS my DD will get her birthday gift card and our next stop will be Toy Story Mania! We will grab some breakfast somewhere; I heard starring rolls was good so we may try there. We will do everyone’s must do’s then head to the resort to change for our dinner ressies at Chef Mickey’s at 5pm. It is the only Adr I have planned for this trip and its Anna’s birthday celebration dinner; I noted it when I made our online adr’s so I hope that they do something special! After dinner we will take the monorail over to MK for the MNSSHP! After all the trick or treating and hoopla we will head back to the resort for bed.

Okay 3 parks down 1 to go! Our last park day

Our Sunday plan, up and early we will head to AK. I probably would have skipped this park as it is not my favorite and we have such a limited amount of time. But the birthday girl wants to see the Lion King show and the safari also Kali river rapids, so we will do all we can do there grab lunch at Flame tree (love this place) then head back to the resort to change and then back to Epcot for dinner (not sure where yet) and close our quick trip around the world with Illuminations! Normally we would close with our favorite nighttime show of Wishes but the last day of the MNSSHP is on Nov 1st so this time we will end our trip with Epcot.

Monday morning we will get up and have breakfast at either DTD or at the resort and then wait for ME to take us back to the airport for our 1:20 flight back to reality. So sad :(to be leaving but we will be back next year at Thanksgiving time so I will fight the blues by planning our big holiday trip!! :)
I might bring my laptop and give some live reports if I have time each day!

Thanks for reading!
Dana

droopy d.
10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Sounds like a great plan and you get everything done.

BluewaterBrad
10-07-2009, 04:37 PM
We will see you there!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi Dana!
Sounds like fantastic plans! You can totally do the 4 parks in 3 days. We had three days before our Disney cruise one year and we did all four parks. It made it really fun..it was like a whirlwind, full of fun trip! We didn't stop and loved every minute. I love how the BD girl is choosing what she wants to do best, and Chef Mickey's is a great BD dinner choice. Enjoy every bite of that Tonga toast post diet. It is truly a one of a kind breakfast treat. Worth every stinkin' calorie. Stop at the coffee bar upstairs for some Kona coffee to go with it, that would be delicious!! I wish you a happy, safe magical BD trip for your daughter and your family! I'll look for your reports, and may see you at work when you're back..I should be in soon! Have fun Dana!
Lisa

DisneyBarb
10-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a great plan!! Looking forward to hearing about your trip.. I hear you on the short term planning.. We booked in Sept for our Nov trip.. that is so short for me!

Enjoy!

DizNee143
10-08-2009, 09:17 AM
sounds like its going to be a funfilled fast paced trip!! hope you all have a blast!!! :mickey:

princessgirls
10-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Have a great trip Dana and family!

Enjoy every minute of it!

Looking forward to reading your reports.

Julie:mickey:

faline
10-08-2009, 06:57 PM
What a wonderful, whirlwind birthday celebration! Enjoy! :party:

vizsla
10-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

ChipDale
10-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Your plans look great - hope you have a fun trip and that your daughter has a fantastic birthday! :party:

KylesMom
10-12-2009, 09:44 PM
It sounds like you are going to have an incredible time. I have a "Valentine's Day" kid , and I know how extra special that holiday is for him, just because it's his birthday. A Halloween birthday would be just too cool for a kid - but that she wanted to go for her 18th birthday is extra-cool! Glad that you could get the whole family (including oldest DD's BF) for this trip!

I too am curious to see how the new SW Early Bird procedure will affect "family" travelers who opt not to spend the extra money . . . please let us know your thoughts upon your return.

My DH and I have been on a diet for the last 8 weeks and we said that we would be good UNTIL we get to Disney then let the EATING BEGIN! (Just kidding) we will be good but are looking forward to being a little bad! Dana, go for it - this is a special trip. Enjoy it to its fullest! :mickey: