PDA

View Full Version : POP specialty nights?

DisneyFr33k
10-07-2009, 02:16 PM
We were at POP last year, and missed the specialty dinners they advertise (i.e. "mom's fried chicken" etc). Do they still do those? If so, where in the dining area? And do they serve them in the old TV tray style trays?

JerseyDad
10-08-2009, 12:29 PM
....I'm pretty sure they still do that. It's been a "fixture" of the food court ever since I've started going to WDW back in 2004. I think it's called "Mom's Night Out or Mom's Night Off"...and the one dish that I distinctly remember that they served was Fried Chicken...and yes...it was served in a foil tray like a TV Dinner. The chicken was good...and tasted A LOT like Swanson Fried Chicken....which was great 'cause it gets you feeling like you've gone back in time!!

There are other dishes / choices that they have depending on what night it is. From what I can recall, the selections went something like this:

Saturday, Sunday and Monday was the Fried Chicken Dinner

Tuesday and Wednesday was a sliced Turkey Dinner with gravy, masehed potatoes, etc.

Thursday and Friday was a Pork Dinner

I can only remember having the Fried Chicken once...because we always made it a point to have dinner reservations in Epcot or Downtown Disney....but it was GOOD fried chicken...and in fact tasted pretty much the same as the fried chicken my daughter had at 50's Prime Time Cafe in Disney MGM Studios.

LVT
10-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Still going May 2009.