PDA

View Full Version : Mad Twin Report - Day 5 Downtown Disney

Dragongirlx
10-07-2009, 11:41 AM
7th - 14th September
Cast: Me (dragongirlx) Twin sister (Jeniflower)

Sorry for the delay in these but my niece and nephew were visiting this weekend adn to top everything off I got a nasty cold.

Today was our DTD day. We usually spend a whole mornign and part of the afternoon here doing a mega shop for gifts before we go back.
Started out on the bus which was fun in itself. First there was the family telling aligator stories (an aligator ate their dog) then we had a group of people including this young guy who unfortunatly spent his whole time telling (or should I say yelling) stories about who he had beaten up, who beat him up who he was going to beat up. Eventually it came out he was a prison guard and most of the people were prisoners - it was like watching an episode of Jerry Springer.
Once we had arrived we head straight for the christmas shop. Get some lovely things including an ornament for my mother. jeniflower spends sometime looking at the lights and wishing we could take them home but alas the current is different.
Then we move on to the toyshop to pick some things up for the neice and nephew and me (star wars toys)
Then to basin - I love this shop and buy loads of soap here. We look at the new designer mickey shop (can't remember the name) but aren't really impressed. Then its world of Disney.
We do get a few things here but it seems that most is stuff we can get in the parks. Usually we see something we can't get so are slightly disappointed.
Lunch - earl of sandwhich (can someone please open one of these in Edinburgh). Line moves quickly and we get our luch original 1762 for me and Jeni get s another beef one - both lovely.
We decide to go to westside for a look but its deserted and doesn't seem the same without the virgin megastore.
Back to the hotel for a rest then off to Epcot for the evening. We have a lovely time with one minor downturn - we both get stomach upsets aftereating in the american counter service.
Tommorrow back to the magic kingdom for our last full day

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a fun day shopping! We love the Christmas store too ... but have no more room on our tree for anything new :(

Dragongirlx
10-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Sounds like a fun day shopping! We love the Christmas store too ... but have no more room on our tree for anything new :(

And thats why we are having 2 trees this year. One in the living room and one in the Hall

ChipDale
10-08-2009, 03:20 PM
A "Jerry Springer" bus ride. :laughing: I have never tried Earl of Sandwich but have read very good things about it. Thanks again for another entertaining report. :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the Report! :balloon:

faline
10-08-2009, 07:49 PM
And thats why we are having 2 trees this year. One in the living room and one in the Hall

Well, that's certainly a lovely solution! Shopping is always such fun! Sorry about the tummy upset!