PDA

View Full Version : Disney tin Globe

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-07-2009, 09:22 AM
I was at a garage sale a few years ago, and bought a Disney Tin Globe by Rand McNally for $5. I knew it was old and decided to keep it for our Disney themed office. Well, we moved shortly after and into storage it went. We are finally getting ready to really decorate our office and I started pulling out all my "stuff" that I've collected for this room. Looking more closely at the tin - it is in excellent condition - it is more valuable than I originally thought. I tried looking at the Disney collectable books out there and couldn't find it. I found some being sold on ebay for a couple hundred dollars and more googling lead me to find that it was sold for over $400 at an auction.

I need to find more info on it... like year it was made, I think it was part of a game of some sort, etc.

Where can I find more info on it. Its one of my favorite Disney pieces I ever found!

dlpmikki
10-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Do you have a picture of it you can link to on flickr (or other photo website)? It is difficult to visualise from your description and a picture may help people to help you.

Patricia
10-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I know the globe your talking about.. it's about 10 inches?

It would have come out around 1955 - 1960. I don't believe it was part of any game but rather an educational item. You may want to contact Phil Sears to see if he has any info on it. I've seen it for sale from 100 - 450 dollars depending on it's condition. I'm not sure how much people actually pay for it though.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2009, 10:25 PM
I know the globe your talking about.. it's about 10 inches?

It would have come out around 1955 - 1960. I don't believe it was part of any game but rather an educational item. You may want to contact Phil Sears to see if he has any info on it. I've seen it for sale from 100 - 450 dollars depending on it's condition. I'm not sure how much people actually pay for it though.

Yes, its no more than a foot tall. I have to believe that it came out around then. There is only 1 Germany and other countries that are no longer.

I will try to post a picture of it. I'll take a picture this weekend and post it here.