PDA

View Full Version : First Time to take only a Carry-On. Questions about TSA Permitted items

Wishmaker
10-07-2009, 07:14 AM
As my title states this will be the first trip that I have taken my luggage on board. This is only a 4 day trip for DD and Myself so I see no reason in the extra expense of checking our luggage. Which brings me to an issue I have never had to worry... TSA permitted items.

We will be using all the toiletries that are supplied at the resort to lessen the amount of items in our bag. We will have our tooth paste, as far as a ligquid or gel that will be it. However, my questions are about other items.

I use a powder make up.. will this be allowed?

I would like to bring coffee... will this be allowed?

I can not specifically find these two items on the TSA website. Has anyone expirience any of these items at the check point? What is the final word on these items being carried on? :confused:

VWL Mom
10-07-2009, 07:34 AM
If you are referring to coffee that you will be making in the room (ground/instant), it is allowed. I'm pretty sure face power is not a problem either. The ban is more geared toward liquid and gels.

ERJDriver
10-07-2009, 07:49 AM
The restrictions are on liquids, gels and aeosols. So if you have any hairspray, moose, (the haircare product not the animal :mickey:) deoderant these will have to be in containers under 3 ounces, and all will have to be put in a single quart size zip lock bag and placed in a bin by themselves, not left in your bag. Also the toothpaste will have to be under 3 ounces as well, but I think those little travel ones are only 1.5 ounces so you should be fine. Have fun.

mouseketeer mom
10-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Powder make up is allowed. I carry it on each trip. Just throw some trial size neccesities in a clear zip top bag and you should be fine. Coffee should be fine too!

faline
10-07-2009, 09:28 AM
You can get more information on what is and is not allowed from the TSA website (http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/assistant/editorial_1012.shtm).