PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach Resort

meloneyb21
10-06-2009, 11:53 PM
How is it? We really wanna stay there next year. I loved Coronado Springs and was gonna stay there again but we want to try a different theme this time.

How has your experience been with CBR?

TIA:mickey:

Tinkerfreak
10-07-2009, 07:37 AM
would also love some info because I just switched from the Poly to the CBR and know nothing about it. I have never even visited this resort.

rubato
10-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Well, from the pics I've seen, it looks beautiful! I'll be staying there for the first time in January. I know it's huge, but seems like it'll be easy to get around.So, I'm waiting for some responses as well.

tiaramom
10-07-2009, 09:13 AM
CSR- is" Romantic"
At night this resort is beautiful for couples.
The pools are nicely themed- I just felt ti was more adult and teen than toddler friendly.
The have a sand box area- thats nice- though the pool is a reg. pool w/ some theming. There is not a zero entry ( which I love). There is plenty of areas to roam about and plenty of pools to dip into- including the large themed one. The restaurant is something I wouldnt return to.
I found the rooms okay- just okay.
Like I said- the resort is lovely to walk about romantically. With a toddler- I look for a more themed fun resort. Yes- its big.. but I walked about it just fine. Enjoy-

Melliesmom
10-07-2009, 09:30 AM
If we are still talking about Caribbean Beach, then I do believe they rehabbed the pool and it is zero entry. We've stayed there before and loved it! We'll be there in 41 days so I will let you know after! :D

jnfr2424
10-07-2009, 10:08 AM
CBR is a beautiful resort however it is really big! Depending on where you stay you might be depending on the interal bus. In some spots you might catch a glimpse of the Illumination's fireworks. I haven't been back since the pool upgrade but the atmosphere is very picturesque

tesslor
10-07-2009, 10:20 AM
We stayed in at CBR for our honeymoon. It is a beautiful resort. I specifically asked to be in the Jamaica section close to the bus stop.

It was a perfect spot. Very quiet, yet close enough to take a beautiful walk to the main house (which we didn't do very often).

I would love to go back to CBR. I actually had it booked for our Nov trip, but DM decided to come along so we had to move to POR.

TysMomTink
10-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Just to clarify a PP: The Caribbean Beach Resort does have a zero-entry pool and our 2.5 year old had a blast. Our "time-outs" back to the pool during the day were some highlights of the trip.

We returned from the CBR on the 26th. We loved it. The only negative I found is the size. We were seriously the farthest away from OPR possible. LOL. Still it only took a five minute walk to get there. But that's far enough with a toddler.

We used our car so I cannot comment on the bus situation. Mousekeeping was great. The food court was packed and the offerings were OK. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

afowl1017
10-07-2009, 11:14 AM
I stayed here a few years ago...before the up-grades and absolutely loved it. It was the first time we stayed in a Moderate so I might be a little biased. As many posters have said, the resort is beautiful. If you going to spend time enjoying the resort it is very "romantic". There are little nooks and crannies on the island, hammocks, beaches, pools, of course there are surries and boats to rent too...just very pretty. Rooms are good, we liked the food court, and Shutters is ok but nothing to write home about.

I am sure you will enjoy it! Have a magical time!

Spaceship Tigger
10-07-2009, 02:20 PM
We stayed at CBR last trip and loved it. It was our first time in a moderate after previously only staying in deluxes. The walk to OPR was nice and the pool area was great (especially the kiddie area). We didn't miss too much from the deluxes that we have stayed at and will stay there again in the future.

Melliesmom
10-08-2009, 10:37 AM
We used to stay at Martinique, but have not booked a preferred room this time. Which island is 'just over the bridge' from the food court & pool? Thanks everyone!

sara114
10-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Jamaica

DisneyPrincess21
10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Jamaica

As well as Aruba :thumbsup: Building 51 in Aruba and Building 45 in Jamaica are both close to the bridge

Phantod
10-08-2009, 12:39 PM
We just left CBR on 10/1 after 11 nights. It's perfect for us. A lot depends on what features of the resort you like.

We're a couple of 50+ year olds with no kids. So we are not big into the main resort pool area. In fact, we never hit that pool at all, although we did use the "quiet" pool near our room (Building 43). We stayed in Jamaica, by our choice. It's across the "lake" from Old Port Royale, and so was very quiet. And a really short walk to the buses. As far as the buses are concerned, at the Jamaica bus stop, we never waited more than 20 minutes. We just missed a couple of buses and had to wait around 15 to 18 minutes, but for the most part, buses were in the 0 to 10 minute range. We loved that. However, the buses coming back FROM DTD could be a pain. We waited for 45 minutes to go visit the AKL, and didn't see a CBR bus during that time either. I think it's just a DTD issue. Bus service there was miserable. It has been in the past, and it hasn't gotten any better. I'll be posting actual bus times (as I documented them) in the She Said He Said trip reports.

We typically don't do the food court much. I think we did a couple of breakfasts and maybe one shared dinner meal. Just fair, but I suspect most of the resort meals are that way anymore. We loved CSR food court back in 2004 (during hurricane Charley), but we've heard that that has changed and is not as good as it used to be.

We also like that CBR tends to be pretty much centered in the World. Epcot and DHS are really close, Typhoon and DTD are close as well. Since we've been to DL 3 times in the last 13 months, MK is not a big draw for us. And AK is far from just about everywhere but AKL. So we really like the placement.

So in summary, would we recommend CBR? Absolutely. The last 2 times we've been to WDW we've stayed there, and would go again.

Tinkerfreak
10-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Wow Lisa thanks so much for all that great information. We just switched from the Poly to the CBR and have been worried because we know nothing about it.

Is Jamaica the first or last bus stop in the loop?

Phantod
10-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Is Jamaica the first or last bus stop in the loop?

Hmmm. It's really neither. Here's what we discovered. In the morning, since there are so many people heading to the parks, it appears that they handle each side of the resort with separate buses.

So, in that case, on the Jamaica side, Jamaica is #1, followed by Aruba and then Barbados, and then off to the parks. On the other side, it's Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and Trinidad South, and then to the parks.

During the day it fluctuates depending on the volume of people. I've seen them start at Jamaica, go all the way around to the Trinidads and then head out. And I've seen where they've started at Martinique, and hit Jamaica as the 5th stop, and then onto Aruba and Barbados.

Coming back, it can go either way. I don't know what the pattern is. Some times we were first off, and others we were fifth off. We pretty typically got seats when we were heading to the parks, but when returning, depending upon the time of day, one or both of us would sometimes stand.

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Oh, by the way, we just got back on 10/1 from 11 nights at Jamaica.

Tinkerfreak
10-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. I have another question and I'm sure I will have more before we leave.
Is there a coffee maker in the room and if so is it the type you can put your own ground coffee in or is it the filter pack type?

TysMomTink
10-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Yes there is a 4-cup coffeemaker in the room. We brought our own coffee along with the appropriate size filters and made coffee in our room every morning. Mousekeeping will leave premade coffee packs, sugar, non-dairy creamer, etc. near the coffeemaker, but we liked using our own and keeping half and half in the fridge.

nicster
10-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Another thing to include, as it seems to be an important factor to some, is that the alarm clock is mp3 enabled. By that I mean there is a connector at the back of the alarm clock, but not the whateveryoucallit that charges the mp3 player. Hope that is useful.:thumbsup:

BIGDOG
10-10-2009, 01:29 AM
You all want to keep it down about MY CBR now every one will want to use it!.... You will love the resort it is the best value for the money on Disney property. 2 things to do mail a coconut and try the jerk chicken in the food court. If you have kids have them search for the treasure s fun.

AdventurerKim
10-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Love CBR! We'll be there in less than 3 weeks! Can't wait! I love the atmosphere because it really feels like you're on vacation.

MO Disney Couple
10-28-2009, 04:08 PM
My husband and I plan to stay here on our Feb 2010 trip without our kids. We were looking for a resort with a reasonable rate but still get the romantic feel. Looks like we chose a nice resort.

prprincess
10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Glad to hear that most people here love it. I was on another set of boards (non-Disney, travel related), and CBR was mostly bashed there, so I was worried. We'll be staying there in 4 days.

JenniferS.
10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
CBR pool is zero entry. We were there this past May. Loved the pool. We were in the Aruba building and it was pretty. There was a ton of "duck?" poop all over the walkways which was a turn off.