PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Dinner - need help choosing

tadcd
10-06-2009, 11:52 PM
My husband and I are returning to WDW for a glorious 1 week vacation in January. :cloud9: I get to pick anywhere to eat for my birthday night. :party: We will already try to get ADRs for Biergarten, Le Cellier, Saana or Boma, and Jiko so these restaurants are off the list.

We are adventurous eaters, no little ones, and it would be a dream to end the evening watching Wishes, even if from a distance.

Please help me decide...:confused:

Teresa
2005 BCV honeymoon, first time ever to WDW
2006 passing through, one night at BCV
2008 long weekend at BC
2010 one whole week split BCV/AKL

epceddie
10-07-2009, 12:33 AM
May I suggest Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian? The food is wonderful and I think you can watch Wishes from the boat dock that's nearby.
Check it out.

jenperich
10-07-2009, 05:36 AM
What about California Grill @ the Contenporary? You can watch Wishes while you eat. Happy brithday @ any rate!

stitchaholic
10-07-2009, 05:57 AM
if i were in your shoes with no kids in tow, i would definitly book cali grill.

VWL Mom
10-07-2009, 07:39 AM
I agree with the OPs. I would go for Cali Grill or Narcoosee's (both 2TS) for your special dinner.

mouseketeer mom
10-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Completety agree with the above posters. Both would be perfect! Both are top notch service, food and location. Check the menus to see which you might like best.

disneyworld55925592
10-07-2009, 10:51 AM
California Grill, Contemporary. make a later reservation because we found that it was a bit noisy with alot of children eary in the night. The food is wonderful, the view is beautiful. You can watch wishes from a private deck only for California Grill eaters, enjoy!

Kairi_7378
10-07-2009, 08:09 PM
It's our tradition to end our vacations at the CA Grill. You might be able to note on your reservation that you'd like to sit in the small wine room. There are only 4 or 5 tables there and it is much quieter.

tadcd
10-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Thank you to everyone who responded. I really appreciate the help :cloud9: -Teresa

Tinkermom
10-08-2009, 07:58 AM
California Grill is amazing and would be my choice even over Narcoosee. You just cannot beat the view from on top of the Contemporary.

Our service there has always been amazing - they are so attentive. We like to savor and enjoy our meal and have never felt rushed. The food is amazing! Expect to spend 2-3 hours on your meal and try to time your reservation so that you are there to watch fireworks while enjoying your dessert.:cloud9:

Window seats are not guaranteed but you can request it when you check in. If you do not get a window seat you can move out to the outdoor Wishes viewing area during Wishes.:mickey:

tadcd
10-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks very much! I've now settled on California Grill !!! I've searched the discussion board and saw the suggestion that we get reservations an hour before the fireworks. We'll be there at the end of January, so we were thinking about 7 pm...does this sound about right to you? We'll be sure to ask for a window seat and keep our fingers crossed :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
California Grill.