PDA

View Full Version : Just switched resorts wish us luck

Tinkerfreak
10-06-2009, 12:59 PM
We just switched from one room at the Poly to two rooms at CBR for our trip Nov. 20th through Nov. 27th. It cost us less money for two rooms at CBR than 1 at the Poly. We might have DMIL meet us there for a few days so we thought 2 rooms would be better. I have never stayed here so I am really worried that we will hate it. We know it won't be a deluxe resort and that transportation and getting to stuff inside the resort will be more of a pain. I just hope that having 2 bathrooms and 4 beds will make up for it. My ADR's were all planned with the Poly in mind but we are just going into it knowing that transportation will take longer.
My DD's like the Poly because of the beach so they are excited to have their own room at the CBR.
I have been told that the food court food is not too great here but we probably won't eat there much anyway.
Any encouraging feedback would be greatly appreciated to calm my nerves.

ajpa
10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm looking at what the unofficial guide says about CBR and it mentions Martinique as "probably the best area for families."

hth,
aj

SallyMcQueen
10-06-2009, 03:53 PM
We really enjoyed CBR when we were there. You're right that the food court is the greatest, but it worked (I think we only ate their once or twice our entire stay). The little convenience store was a favorite; fresh fruit, pastries, snacks etc.

Not sure about transporation at the time you will be there. In early December it was pretty decent. Only one long wait for an MK bus first thing in the morning. Other than that total travel times didn't seem to be excessive.

The pool is great and the little beaches are very scenic. Hope you have a great time.

BluewaterBrad
10-06-2009, 04:07 PM
We have not stayed at CBR for at least 6 yrs, but the food court there was the best out of any other in WDW, in my humble (but picky) opinion! Have fun!!:mickey:

blondeinbrandon
10-07-2009, 09:14 AM
My family loves CBR and the food court for us is one of the best hotel food courts at Disney.
You'll enjoy it and DD can still have a hammock on the "beach". :thumbsup:

DisneyBarb
10-07-2009, 12:29 PM
We are Poly fans.. but if we were to choose another it would be CBR!! We have stayed there before and it was great.. it has a tropical atmosphere and as long as you go prepared you will have a great time!

CanadianWDWFan
10-07-2009, 01:44 PM
IMHO any resort at Disney is a good place to be. We have stayed at all levels of resorts, including the Poly and there are great things to said about every resort.

We stayed at North Trinidad at the CBR, it is a preferred room but it is really close to the food court. The only thing that I don't like about CBR is the Customs House (check-in) is in a separate building away from the Main building. The food court is one of our favourites and has a pretty good selection.

As for transportation, there is one bus loop around the resort and it can take a while to get to your stop. We mostly drive when at the World so this transportation really wasn't an issue for us.