PDA

View Full Version : Buena Vista Suites - anyrecommendations?

JWB3
10-06-2009, 12:38 PM
It looks like I'm going to another conference in Orlando - funny how these things turn out.;)
Anyway, I'll be staying at the Buena Vista Suites on World Drive and was wondering if anyone has stayed there recently and what you thought? I'm planning to use their shuttle to get to DownTown Disney and maybe to do some resort hopping since I won't be able to hit any of the parks this time around. Thanks for any suggestions!

Black Jack Shallack from Frontenac
10-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Hi,
We are thinking about sleeping there.
Can you tell me how it was once you are back?
Thank you,

10-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Are you back yet?

dream_disney
10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
I stayed here in 2007. It is easier to walk to DTD (right across the street) than it is to take the bus. The hotel was very clean and simple. I really enjoyed my stay!

10-29-2009, 09:45 AM
It is easier to walk to DTD (right across the street) than it is to take the bus.No, you are thinking Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa, but thanks for trying to help.

12-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Sure is a long convention. ;-)

We booked ou room yesterday.
I will let you know how it was when we are back.

JWB3
12-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Jack, my sincere apologies: I hadn't checked back on this thread in a while - not sure if I'm catching you before you go.

I had a really nice stay here. The hotel is very clean, rooms are big, staff is friendly, and included breakfast is excellent. The pool is a little small, but I believe you can also use the pool at the hotel across the parking lot - much bigger and nicer.

The shuttle service to the parks is OK, but certainly not as frequent or convenient as staying on property. You'd be better served if you had a rental car.

One advantage: there is a small strip mall across the highway with a CVS-type drug store. They have beer, wine, snacks etc. There's also a pizza shop and a convenience type gas station with sandwiches, beer and wine as well. The only caution is getting across the highway - luckily there's a median, but watch your step crossing!

Hope you have a great time - I think you'll like the hotel.

Mitzie
12-22-2009, 07:33 PM
I also noticed a immediate care center there in the strip mall as well. Hope you wouldn't need it, but nice to know it is there.