PDA

View Full Version : The Real Report: OKW 9/20 to 9/25, Day 3

Carolanne
10-05-2009, 03:46 PM
This was the day of MNSSHP :mpumpkin::ghost:.

We woke up & went to Hollywood Studios for breakfast (bacon, egg, & cheese bagels at Fairfax Fare--yum!). Courtesy of the next table over, I got to hear the 1st of 2 funniest parent-child exchanges: at the next table, there was a mother & child eating breakfast. The kid is trying to work with a pretty big cupcake; I heard her say "but I really wanted oatmeal." Mom said, "well, they don't have oatmeal. You'll eat that cupcake & you'll like it."

We did the our usual--the Backlot Tour, the Great Movie Ride (and this time the Cowboy hijacked our tram!), and then visited every store in the park to soak up their air conditioning :mickey:

We hopped onto the boat to head over to Epcot. Epcot never gets old for us. Our first stop is Spaceship Earth (since Jeremy Irons is gone, I ride this more to get a rest rather than experience the ride). We did a quick walk through the park (as quickly was one can walk through an entire park, lol). We ended up at Club Cool (really, I can't get enough of the watermelon soda) & got there just in time to witness a dad trick his son into trying the Beverly.

It was just too darn hot. We headed to our bus stop & went back to the room for a rest. We refreshed & napped a little, then off to the MK to get our MNSSHP wristbands.

We ended up taking the bus back to Epcot & then the monorails to the MK (it was here we met up with a guy who was taking pictures for his blog & he talked a little about his podcast--I wish I could remember his name! All I remember is he's an FL resident, gets the annual pass, and was on his 360+ visit to the World). We got our wristbands at MK, browsed through some stores (mom bought some jewerly at Uptown Jewelers), then headed to the Poly for our ADR at the Kona Cafe.

Oh, the Kona. I've yet to have a bad meal here. Mom & I split the crab cakes for our appetizer. We both had the shrimp & scallops--so good. This is my usual at the Kona. In addition to our sodas, we treated ourselves to a few adult beverages: I had the Pink Bikini martini & mom had something with vanilla in the title (Vanilla Blossom--ack, mind like a sieve)--oh, again yummy yummy yummy. And these drinks could be dangerous because I couldn't taste the alcohol in either one! Dessert, I had the Coconut Cream Kiki tart & mom had the Banana Chocolate creme brulee...again, no misses here. Both were very yummy (I'm pretty sure I ate my entire dessert).

While we've never had a bad meal at the Kona, we did observe a family at the Kona who didn't seem to enjoy anything that came to their table. I think it might have been their first time at the Kona & just didn't know what to expect, but they didn't seem especially thrilled. Just goes to show you that my happy experience isn't necessarily yours, right?

MNSSHP: I do enjoy myself when I go to MNSSHP. I enjoy the trick or treating, I enjoy being able to pretty much walk onto the rides, I enjoy the parade, the decorations, and Hallowishes. I go more for the experience than anything else. I even enjoy just looking at the speciality merchandise. But back to the trick-or-treating...

...considering how much an adult ticket to MNSSHP costs, is it too much to ask for GOOD candy? This is probably the one complaint (well, there's another but that comes much later) you'll get out of me--the candy. We took in a good bit of candy during the trick-or-treat portion of the evening. When we got back to the room, we were both surprised to see how much generic candy (and Cars raisins) we received. Shoot, I'd be cool with getting the Disney candy (really, you can through some coconut patties my way & I'd be in :cloud9:) but non-Smarties Smarties? Really? I remember past years where we'd get Hershey candy, Nestle candy, etc, but it seemed like this year those were few & far between. I don't know--maybe a timing issue? I think this is the earliest we've ever been to MNSSHP. Maybe later parties yield better candy?

cather74
10-05-2009, 04:29 PM
I long for the days of being threatened into eating a cupcake. :mickey:

Carolanne
10-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I long for the days of being threatened into eating a cupcake. :mickey:

Lol, I'm STILL waiting for those days!

nicster
10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
The watermelon soda is my fav too. Sounds like a full day:mickey:

pdrlkr
10-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
10-06-2009, 09:13 AM
DHS, EPCOT and MK in one day - impressive!

Love the overheard conversation about the cupcake - oh horror, sugar for breakfast! :D

Hot, hot hot seems to be the theme of reports lately. Sounds like you had a great day, though. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

faline
10-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Fun! Fun! Fun! Thanks for reporting!