PDA

View Full Version : where to hang out if MK is closed?

ajpa
10-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Here's the thing.
On the Sunday we are there, Magic Kingdom closes early (7pm) because of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We don't have tickets to MVMCP.
I have dinner reservations at California Grill in Contemporary at 9 pm (so we will get to see the holiday fireworks at 930)
But where can we hang out between the time MK closes and the time for our dinner?
We are staying at CSR and it seems too far to go back.
Will we be allowed to shop in MK without MVMCP tickets?

thanks!
aj

VWL Mom
10-05-2009, 02:46 PM
One way to pass the time would be to visit the other monorail resorts and see their decorations and maybe visit their shops.

BMan62
10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Definitely take the time to check out the monorail resorts. The decorations are great and there are Hidden Mickey's in the main displays in each.

We spent almost an hour just trying to find all the ones in the display at the Contemporary. I think they said there were 13 and we only found 11 in the time we were looking. :mad: ;)

Mickey91
10-05-2009, 04:07 PM
They won't let you stay in MK without party tickets. They actually "close" the shops to get nonparty guests to leave quicker. I actually had left a shop thinking my family was waiting outside only to find they had stayed in the shop and I wasn't allowed in just to let them know it was time to go and I was done! :mad:

That being said, the reorts are beautiful! I especially recommend WIlderness Lodge and the Grand Floridian. Both are beautiful. WL has the simple rustic beauty with white lights...breathtaking! GF has the victorian traditional holiday decor and a big gingerbread house. Definitely worth seeing. Time will pass way too quickly.:mickey:

cather74
10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
I agree GF will be beautifully decorated and the Poly is awesome no matter what!:number1:

Maleficent_vf
10-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Ditto on spending time at MK resorts. GF is especially pretty at Christmas time and there's often live entertainment in the lobby area. You can't get there by monorail, but WL would be a great stop too.

HMFan
10-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Can't beat that boat ride to/from the WL... especially at night. Getting all happy just typing about it.

90 days, baby...90 days to WL....

bruin1344
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
another vote for checking out the monorail resorts