PDA

View Full Version : Which adr to drop? (2 TS dilemma)

ajpa
10-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Advice needed!
For our 5 day trip we just have 5 TS, right? So I have to drop/change at least one of these. Which would you drop/change if it were you?

Sat - Marakesh
Sun - California Grill (2 TS)*
Mon - Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic! package
Tues - Boma
Wed - Garden Grill

The California Grill one is pretty late -- around 9pm, which would be kind of neat because I think we would see the fireworks which is at 930 that day bec of MVMCP. But I have an 8yo and that is really late for her to have dinner. It's also a hard resrvation ( 48 hr cancel policy).

thanks!
aj

DVC2004
10-05-2009, 02:11 PM
I'd probablyt say Garden Grill first, or Marrakesh.
DON'T miss California Grill or Boma. CG is worth it especially with Wishes.

DisneyGlutton
10-05-2009, 02:16 PM
I'd probablyt say Garden Grill first, or Marrakesh.
DON'T miss California Grill or Boma. CG is worth it especially with Wishes.

:ditto: Depending on how adventurous an eater you are, I would get rid of GG and go with Marrakesh as its a more entertaining dining experience IMHO.

LoriSan
10-05-2009, 02:44 PM
is it a 5 day/4 night trip? because then you only get 4 TS on the standard DDP. One set of meals per night

pox24
10-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Marrakesh:ack:

ajpa
10-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Lorisan, yes, my bad -- 5 night trip!

pox24, what didn't you like about Marrakesh?
Is the food spicy? (I love spicy the rest of my family hates anything spicy or peppery)

DG, thanks for the vote for Cali Grill! Maybe if we wrap up Mk early enough we will have enough time to go back to CSR for a nap b4 dinner.

bcornette
10-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I'd drop Hollywood & Vine. I know you have the Fantasmic package but unless you are going the week of Christmas or Thanksgiving the crowds will be so light that you will be able to walk in at the last minute and get a better seat than if you do the Fantasmic assigned seats.

The Fantasmic package seats are the far right if you are looking at the stage. The past couple years that we have gone in November and December we walked in about 15 minutes before it started and almost sat dead center (one section left). They didn't even have the far left open (which would be the same view as the fantasmic package but opposite sides).

Plus I have never been impressed with the H&V food or service, I think it is the worst of the buffet options at WDW.

IamBelle
10-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Sat - Marakesh
Sun - California Grill (2 TS)*
Mon - Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic! package
Tues - Boma
Wed - Garden Grill

I would get rid of Marakesh because the Tangerine Cafe, the Counter Service in Morrocco has food just as delicious as the table service.
Also, I would replace Hollywood and Vine with Mama Melrose's in DHS. H&V wasn't that impressive when I went in Aug., but it depends on the chef cooking and the food that day. Mama Melrose's is also part of the Fantasmic Package and is 1 TS credit.

Have fun on your trip and enjoy all the yummy food! Boma and Cali Grill are delicious!! Don't forget to bring a video or still camera at Cali Grill for the firework viewing!! I have never been to Garden Grill but it sounds cool how it rotates!!

Bethanymouse
10-10-2009, 12:35 PM
drop Marakesh

SBETigg
10-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Why don't you keep them all and just pay OOP for one? I would definitely keep California Grill and Boma. I would most want to drop Hollywood and Vine-- it's really nothing special. But it is a Fantasmic package, and if you want the package, maybe consider dropping Garden Grill or Marrakesh. Of the two, I like Marrakesh better. The food is flavorful with spices but not at all spicy-hot. Lots of people really seem to love Garden Grill, so it's hard to say. But the least satisfying choice on your list, as far as food, quality, and service, is most definitely Hollywood & Vine.

beksy
10-10-2009, 01:12 PM
The only one I've been to so far is Garden Grill and Marakeesh years ago. I know we weren't too thrilled with Marakeesh but I was young and don't remember much. I think they just didn't care for the spices. We absolutely love Garden Grill. The food was delicious and plentiful (I loved the steak and my sister loved the fish). The waitress there was the best we've had--she even came around and took pictures of us since it was just the two of us! The characters came around multiple times and spent more time with us than at any of the other meals. This was a last-minute ADR when nothing else we cared for was open but it is on our must-do list for every trip now! The bonus was Chip and Dale--they spent so much time with us they moved up on our favorite character list! I think it's one of the best deals and most fun meals on property! :chip::dale::mjump:

Ropachs
10-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm one of the people who LOVES Garden Grill! Then again, we are picky eaters, so I would drop Boma or Marrakesh.

chrim
10-13-2009, 04:32 AM
You seem, based on your original post, to be looking for a confirmation that you should cancel the CA Grill reservation.

Will your 8 yo like eating there? (They do seem to have a children's menu, so even a fussy eater should be fine.) Will she like being there so late and probably for a longer time than many other meals? Do you have plans for early the next morning that might be spoiled by a dinner that ends at 11pm (ish).

Would your daughter actually be willing and able to take a pre-dinner nap? By 8 I was certainly not interested in naps.

Would you (as a family) be happier at Whispering Canyon or Kona Cafe or someplace else?

The food at CA Grill might be better than at Hollywood and Vine or Morocco, but if you are all tired and cranky that night or the next day, it won't be worth it.

Just my own two cents. YMMV.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Marrakesh definitely....:sick:

ajpa
10-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks everyone!

I was actually able to move California Grill up to 7:05pm. :woohoo:
My 8yo says we definitely have to eat with Chip & Dale, so I guess I am going to cancel Marrakesh. I am the only one who is into spicy food so it's probably for the best. Instead I will make a point of getting something at Tangierine. :)

Lil Chip
10-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Excellent choice!
CG was by far the best restaurant I have ever dined at with Disney...
Order the Ostrich - you will NOT be dissapointed!!!