PDA

View Full Version : Is the fireworks cruise worth it?

rubato
10-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I am debating surprising hubby with the Breathless 2 rental for the Illuminations viewing. Hubby is VERY claustrophobic and doesn't like being stuck in the middle of crowds. I thought this would be a good way for him to enjoy the fireworks. But, it's a huge splurge for us financially. Plus, we get to watch fireworks on the water at our lake every 4th, so it's not like it would be a once in a lifetime thing. Has anyone done it or decided against it? What do you think?

Dizneydreamin'
10-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I really liked the Illuminations cruise when I went a couple of years ago. We had a great captain and it was great to see the fireworks so close up. I would highly recommend the Wishes fireworks cruise more. My family and I just went on it this past August. It was the best!!!! We were up close to the Water Paegent and our driver was great!! He even moved us in closer when the larger boats moved in front of us. The snacks and drinks were great, too.

phlo8810
10-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I would also reccommend the wishes cruise more. The illuminations cruise seems less worth it to me because you can stand in some places and see them better than on the boat. I got my wife a bday cruise last year they decorated the boat got a cake from cal grill and they take you on a cruise around both lakes before seeing the fireworks. Very pricey and probably wouldn't do it again but for a one time thing I say do it.

BugeyedMuggy
10-06-2009, 09:42 AM
We did Illuminations cruise a couple of years back & it was a breezy nite. The smoke came right at us. There are places you can stand and still view the fireworks (not in the front row) and have people at least an arms length or more away.

Bubbie Girl
10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Our family did the cruise a few years ago and enjoyed it very much. We shared the ride and cost with another couple I found on here. We met just before the cruise and both paid 1/2 and each gave what we wanted for the tip. It worked out real well and helped cut our cost. Just a thought for you. We had a very good driver who after the fireworks took us on a little ride to HS and back. It was very relaxing and a nice way to end the night. Snacks were good too.

larjani
10-06-2009, 07:22 PM
We did the cruise with the Pirates in '08. Is that the one you were talking about doing? I liked it but probably won't do it again. I think we saw the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom. The pirates were entertaining. There were snacks before the show, but they were mostly prepackaged brownies, cookies, chips etc..

Iluvpooh
10-06-2009, 09:30 PM
For my 30th b-day was husband decided to do this, but I told him I had rather him not spend the money. We packed a cooler with a picnic dinner and a bottle of wine and headed to the Poly to watch the fireworks at MK from the beach. We picked a nice spot and sat away from everyone and stayed most of the night and it didn't cost a thing.:thumbsup:

threeh
10-07-2009, 02:44 PM
We did the Illuminations cruise about 2 years ago. It was really fun. We pulled up right under the bridge in France and it was amazing. My family and I still talk about it.

Happy planning!!!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
10-07-2009, 02:53 PM
We have done both the Breathless Illuminations Cruise, and the Wishes Fireworks cruise. Of course they are a lot of fun, but I do not think it was worth the cost. Actually, its very overpriced in our opinion. For the Breathless, we docked under the bridge along with a few other boats that were chartered for that evening. Our captain was kind of a dud, seemed bored with the whole excursion. Our Wishes cruise captain was more entertaining, but still...we could see the fireworks better from the beach at the Poly. Fun if you have a lot of expendable money, otherwise, simply way overpriced.