PDA

View Full Version : The McCrankyPants Family Returns-Cranky!

WDWCrazyKaren
10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Still debating on a trip report. I'll think about it. I'll list a few comments for you while I think.

Hot.

Hot.

Hot. I've never experienced heat like this before. Brain-wilting, spirit-melting hot. DH and I have said we will never NOT go in January again. The heat most definately affected the tempers of us Minnesotans. Winter is the only way we will ever experience Florida again.

Cast Members-We didn't really encounter any rude cast members, however, we also didn't encounter any super awesome cast members either. They were all just "there". Maybe they were hot too.

Port Orleans Riverside-Although Mousekeeping was great, no issues there, we won't stay there again. It's pretty and all, but it's too big. Way too big. Too many people, not enough busses, not enough seating in the food courts. We'll pay for deluxe next time, or simply stay at a value and won't care as much!

Table Service Meals-Excellent. All of them. We had fantastic service and food at all of our table service meals. Teppan Edo and Whispering Canyon had the best food and service. A+++++ for both of these.

Counter Service Meals-Horrible. The only decent counter service meal we had was from Pizzafari at AK. And all we had was pizza. The quality of the food at the POR food court was abysmal, and even the counter service meals from MK and Epcot were sub-par to what we've experienced in the past. It was disappointing.

Exception to Counter Service Meals-Earl of Sandwich. MMMMMM! Best sandwiches we've ever had. Wishin we had one in Minneapolis! And I don't like sandwiches!

Love Bugs-Not swarming, but they were most certainly out there. Pretty much everywhere you looked, you'd see a few, but it was manageable.

Crowds-Manageable, but more than I've seen in years, and we only go in off-season. There is no recession at Disney World!

Ok, while I think about a trip report, at least here's some info for ya!

indytraveler
10-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Hot, hot, hot? When did you go? We had stayed at POR a couple of yrs ago in Oct. However, all time was spent either at Parks or DTD. Hopefully there were some good times during your trip.

I do know that if you're used to going off season and then you see crowds it kinda sets you on edge a little. Would be interested to hear more particulars if not a complete trip report.

SBETigg
10-05-2009, 10:04 AM
So, you were hot? ;) We'll probably avoid July and August from now on for that reason, but I haven't ruled out other months. I've had lovely weather in October, November, and April.

Glad you had excellent Table Service meals. That's a shame about the Quick Service, though.

POR, we tried it once. Not bad, but we went right back to Deluxe and we've been very happy that way. Saving money isn't worth it if you end up aggravated with transportation and crowds.

Phantod
10-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Not sure when they went, but we were there 9/20 to 10/01 and it was all 90+ with horrible humidity. It was a little better on 9/30, in fact in the 60's in the AM, but before that just brutal. I'm thinking that September is out as well.

Does it ever really get comfortable in Florida?

princessgirls
10-05-2009, 10:21 AM
Thanks for reporting back the good, the bad and the HOT!!

Sounds like you had a nice trip. The heat in Florida can be intense.

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

WDWCrazyKaren
10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Oops! I forgot to tell you when we went!

We were there from Sept 26 to October 3rd. Just got back on Saturday night.

vicster
10-05-2009, 10:36 AM
We were there 911 - 9/18 and the humidity was a really unbearable. We've been going in September the past few years but it felt more humid this time. We should've left ourselves more pool time.

KylesMom
10-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Uh, no teasing, Karen! You write awesome trip reports - I want to hear all of McCranky Pants' comments! :D

Seriously, when we go in June/July/August we expect the high heat & humidity. If you aren't prepared for it, it sure can be a bummer!:(

There is no recession at Disney World!
That was DH and I's favorite comment to each other this last trip . . .

DizNee143
10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
it was hot!! i was there around the same time also (22nd-28th)..being 7 1/2 months pregnant didnt help either..
sorry you didnt really like any of the quick service places..i found them the same as all the other times..decent food at a fast pace..
and i must of been blind or the love bugs cam out after i left on the 28th..cuz i think in total through out the whole vacation we saw 10..if that!

Carolanne
10-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Hot.

Hot.

Hot. I've never experienced heat like this before. Brain-wilting, spirit-melting hot.

OMG, we were there 9/20 to 9/25 and the heat...oy. I broke a sweat just standing waiting for the bus. We had a couple of 90+ days there. Hopefully November will be MUCH cooler for us :mickey:

Vintage Disney
10-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Hot weather takes the fun out of WDW for me. It seems to magnify every irritation and tempers get short. I guess this winter when you are dealing with lots of snow you can think about how hot you were on your trip :mickey:

I hope you post a full trip report.

pdrlkr
10-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

disneykid@hrt
10-05-2009, 09:38 PM
I just talked to a guy working at the Disney Store tonight that said he just got back Friday and he too said it was HOT! HOT! HOT!

Oh accept the day the "cold front" came through and it was 85! ;)

faline
10-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Sorry you had so many disappointments! Hopefully, you still had a fun trip, overall!

BluewaterBrad
10-06-2009, 07:02 PM
It has been brutal down here this summer. Love bugs? I have driven all over the state for business in Sept. and maybe had only 20 or 30 hit my windshield! Thats normal. Wait till spring! Thanks for sharing!!:mickey: