PDA

View Full Version : driving from michigan, any tips?

chucker
10-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi, we will be driving from michigan around nov 10th.any must see, must eat, places? we like taking I65 but might reconcider for the right stops

TheRustyScupper
10-05-2009, 08:33 AM
1) We drive from Cleveland.
2) How tight is your schedule?
. . . do you have 1-5 hours to spare?
. . . do you have 6-12-hours to spare?
. . . do you have a day-or-two to spare?
3) There are so many great side-trips to take.
4) And, so much fantasy scenery.
5) Sometimes, we shorten the WDW days to spend time along the way.

Kentucky Cat
10-05-2009, 08:54 AM
You could stop by the Kentucky Horse Park just north of Lexington. One of the truly beautiful settings in the state.

apequet
10-05-2009, 08:30 PM
stop in Atlanta, GA and go to the Georgia Aquarium! I've never been here, but I'm dying to take the kids. Looks like a fabulous place. It's the biggest aquarium in the USA and they have the biggest fish in the world - whale sharks! They are HUGE! If you do this, make sure you buy tickets ahead of time on line. I hear they actually sell out! Oh, and the World of Coca Cola is just down the road too. Have fun! :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-05-2009, 08:58 PM
We are from Troy and will be driving to Disney for the 2nd time.... 1st time with children.

The first time we went down, we stopped at a rest area where 75 and I-4 (i think) and bought the best oranges that ever touched my lips!!!! We also stopped at the Disney Welcome center that is no longer but, it was a great stop.... got us very excited that we were almost there.

Atlanta is a great city! Pigeon Forge is also a great diversion. Mammoth Cave too. If you go down the coast, Savannah Georgia is beautiful. You could eat at Paula Deans restaruant... the Lady and Sons.

Our car will have Disney or bust and we stop for nothing but, a toilet and dirty diaper!

We'll be leaving in 11 days!:number1:

eam
10-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey! We will also be leaving for the Happiest Place in the World on November 10, but from the other side of the state. Wanna race?! Just kidding. We now make it a challenge to not spend any money out of pocket (except for the hotel) on our way to Disney. I buy gas cards ahead of time and we pack food for sandwiches and bring drinks along. One of our most anticipated stops is the rest area at Nickajack which is just beautiful and relaxing.
However, as previously stated in another post, on one of our trips we did stop at Kentucky Horse Park and it is indeed wonderful.
Have a great trip! We will be at POP for 4 nights and WL for 7. Are any meets scheduled?
Drive safe.

eam
10-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry, I stand corrected. You are north of us, not the other side of the state. What do I know? Maybe you will pass us.

chucker
10-11-2009, 08:45 AM
we will have about half a day to spend