PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Keepers 2

Greenlawler
10-04-2009, 09:31 PM
What were your impressions of the second book?

stitchaholic
10-05-2009, 06:30 AM
it was a good read,alot of action. I am amazed at the imagination of these books, i listened to a podcast interview with him not too long ago,where he explained how he came up with the idea of the holograms,it was a way of getting around disney legalities . no one is legally allowed to write anything about anyone being harmed in disney parcs.
I am anxiously awaiting the 3rd book and have just started reading peter and the starcatchers

Diznee4Me
10-05-2009, 11:38 AM
On our last trip I stood and watched the Howler Monkeys at their AK outdoor display. I was amazed to read what really goes on below their cages/exhibit. :D

Greenlawler
10-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I enjoyed the first Kingdom Keepers book, but imo the second book was a little forced and out there.
I appreciated the cool insight into the parks, but at some point it bacame a little too forced. The"fairly's" plotline was a bit of a stretch for me, seems to me his Peter and the Starcatchers work is making its way into this series too much. I also had a hard time with all the technical slang.

All in all a good read, because I love Disney, but I felt like it lacked the imagination and compelling story of the first book. I also wonder when and if Mickey and the "good characters" will get to play a role.

Greenlawler
10-06-2009, 01:32 PM
it was a good read,alot of action. I am amazed at the imagination of these books, i listened to a podcast interview with him not too long ago,where he explained how he came up with the idea of the holograms,it was a way of getting around disney legalities . no one is legally allowed to write anything about anyone being harmed in disney parcs.
I am anxiously awaiting the 3rd book and have just started reading peter and the starcatchers
You will love the Peter and The Starcatchers series. IMO it is even better than the Kingdom Keepers.