PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at Ohana

tesslor
10-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Can anyone tell me what breakfast is like at Ohana? I see lots of great reviews, but they seem to be mainly for dinner.

Thanks

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
10-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Ohana is my favorite breakfast place. I just love the view from there. Breakfast is served family style. It is always good and there is plenty to eat. More laid back than Chef Mickey's to me.

stitchaholic
10-04-2009, 09:19 PM
they serve sweet pinapple bread,waffles,eggs,bacon,sausage,potatoes,
fruit, juice and coffee.
lilo,stitch,mickey and goofy make appearances and do a little parade around the restaurant with the kids and some morroca's that they hand out.

Greenlawler
10-04-2009, 09:32 PM
We like it, the sausage is fabulous, but personlly we prefer the large buffet selections at Tusker House and Chef Mickey's more.

Suz36
10-04-2009, 09:37 PM
We loved it! Great character interaction, yummy food - really loved the juice! I love the relaxation of being served family style over the buffets, but still all you can eat!

tesslor
10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks everyone.

I have ADR for Ohana for Breakfast and one for Chef Mickey's for dinner. I made 10 ADR's but only get 9 for our stay, so I need to cancel one. Not sure which I should cancel.

I am leaning toward Chef Mickey's. I guess I also have Kouzzia for breakfast that I could cancel.

So many choices, so little time!

momofaprincess
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
they serve sweet pinapple bread,waffles,eggs,bacon,sausage,potatoes,
fruit, juice and coffee.
lilo,stitch,mickey and goofy make appearances and do a little parade around the restaurant with the kids and some morroca's that they hand out.

We've ate here 3 times and never saw Goofy here. We've only seen Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. It's our favorite breakfast.

WDWCrazyKaren
10-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Amazing! Don't miss it. It is one of our "must dos" every trip. Food is great, characters are very interactive (even if you don't have little kids) and the wait staff is amazing. Your Cousins will make sure you have a wonderful meal.

Ian
10-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Well since I just knew everyone would be raving about it, I figured I'd better give you at least one counterpoint.

I think O'Hana is the worst restaurant on Disney property, bar none. I will never eat another meal there ever again.

The food is undercooked, served half cold, the service is horrendously slow, and what you do get hot isn't very good anyway. I've eaten there three times and I've never had anything good come out of it.

And just for the record, I'm not the only one in my party that felt that way ... three different groups of people on three different occasions and everyone thought it was terrible. :ack:

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Amazing! Don't miss it. It is one of our "must dos" every trip. Food is great, characters are very interactive (even if you don't have little kids) and the wait staff is amazing. Your Cousins will make sure you have a wonderful meal.

Me too!!! This was our first meal at WDW on our honeymoon. It was great! Love the interaction, love the food. Every trip since, we have done the Ohana breakfast.

Sadly, my youngest daughter is severly allergic to eggs and we will not be doing the breakfast, but, will be doing the dinner. This will be our 2nd time doing the Ohana dinner.

I'll miss the mickey waffles but, dinner should suffice!

jensantuit
10-09-2009, 09:24 AM
We just ate here for breakfast for the first time September 26th. It was delicious, the atmosphere was great, service was wonderful. We will definitely do this character breakfast again. It is served family style which is great and saves time since everything is brought to you. I defitely recommend it.

wire0monkey
10-09-2009, 10:33 AM
We did breakfast at Ohana a couple of trips ago.

I like the selection of characters (Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, Stitch) but the food was "meh." I didn't think there was enough variety. I also didn't think they brought us enough food. on the first serving. (Yes, you can ask again, but then you have to wait for it.) It seemed like a very stingy, skimpy meal to me. The food was also very, very bland.

It's not a good deal for our family.

thejens
10-09-2009, 11:28 PM
I enjoy Ohana for dinner, and the kids loved Stitch and the characters for breakfast, but it is my least favorite breakfast. The eggs were kind of slimy and the temps weren't up to par. It wasn't awful, but I wouldn't do it again. I loved Cape May, Park Fare, Boma, and Crystal Palace breakfasts, but not Ohana. That said, Stitch was very cute.

DizneyRox
10-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Ohana was the worst meal we had last trip. With all the hype, I just don't get it. I did enjoy the character interaction, however the food was average at best (and available at every other breakfast on property except maybe the bread).

We won't be back, if you want an enjoyable character breakfast I can't recommend Donald's Safari Breakfast over at AK enough.

ElenitaB
10-10-2009, 07:25 PM
We enjoyed our breakfast at 'Ohana with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto. Stitch was a riot! It's a great place to start your day before heading over to MK.

In full disclosure, I dislike Chef Mickey's as much as Ian dislikes 'Ohana. To each their own, right?

Rosemickey68
10-11-2009, 05:09 PM
We love Ohana's for dinner or breakfast!!
We ate there for breakfast in August and the food was good, hot, and served family style at your table, but it is also all you can eat. We had 3 grown boys and our waitress kept the food coming. And as one poster said there was a wait...well we did have to wait a little bit, but they do have to cook the food.... and the place is always busy whether it is lunch or dinner time.
Basically, you can't be in a hurry at Ohana's.
They served eggs, bacon, sausage links, potatoes (yummy!), fruit, mickey waffles, bisquits, and a tropical juice, and hawaiian coffee, with of course butter and jelly.

We got to see Stitch, Lilo, Mickey, and Pluto. They come to your table and you can take pictures with them.

I think it is one of those places that you go to have a relaxing, but fun time with your family. Our wait staff has always been good at Ohana's and the atmosphere is great!
Enjoy!:mickey:

On another note: We like Chef Mickey's too....and the food is just as good there as it is at Ohana's...just different atmospheres.