PDA

View Full Version : the good the bad & the ugly, nfl week 4

gueli
10-04-2009, 06:47 PM
OK so how was your team this week ?

the Jets

The good: excellent defense

The bad: the offense

the Ugly: Mark Sanchez. 14 points to the oppenent. I will forgive & move on, but it hurts.
:mickey:

Ian
10-04-2009, 07:57 PM
The Good: The Eagles didn't lose this week!

The Bad: The Eagles didn't play this week!

The Ugly: My Football Fun picks!

Greenlawler
10-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Are you kidding? There was nothing good about the Titans on Sunday.

My only hope is that the boys in blue started 0-4 in their Super Bowl Year.

The Good if I have to: Breakout game for Kenny Britt

The Bad: Our secondary again, Chuck Cecil get ready to move.

The Ugly: Loosing to a team like the Jags. They really have no business beating the Titans.

gueli
10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
:haha:
The Good: The Eagles didn't lose this week!

The Bad: The Eagles didn't play this week!

The Ugly: My Football Fun picks!

LOL ian, LOL

gueli
10-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Are you kidding? There was nothing good about the Titans on Sunday.

My only hope is that the boys in blue started 0-4 in their Super Bowl Year.

The Good if I have to: Breakout game for Kenny Britt

The Bad: Our secondary again, Chuck Cecil get ready to move.

The Ugly: Loosing to a team like the Jags. They really have no business beating the Titans.

I have a question for you:
did the titans loose/fire the D coordinator ?
I kept hearing how the saints D coordinator worked for the titans previously...

JPL
10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
The Good: Giants 4-0 and Dallas Lost:D

The Bad: Eli bruised his heel :(

The Ugly: Eli Bruised his heel :(

indytraveler
10-05-2009, 09:35 AM
How about Good, Better, Best for the Colts?

Good - Peyton Manning (ridiculous #'s again)

Bad - Watching the second half

Ugly - giving up 2 meaningless touchdowns

4-0 and heading to Tennessee next Sunday night. Another primetime game on NBC.

Lizzy
10-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Dolphins:

The Good: We actually won a game! :woohoo:

The Bad and Ugly: Haven't really thought about it, still recovering from the fact that we actually won a game!

JanetMegan
10-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Falcons didn't play so here are a couple other general thoughts...

Baltimore recievers in the last 2 minutes-BAD BAD, they so should have and could have won that game.

Pagan
10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
the Jets

The good: excellent defense
Don't mean to rain on your parade bro, but the Jets gave up 153 yards on the ground and 4.7 yards a carry. 343 total yards of offense. Not exactly "excellent".

Great goal line stand in the second quarter, though.

Dolphins:

Good: - A win over a hated division rival, Henne showed some promise, maybe the season isn't lost after all.

Bad: - It is Buffalo after all, can't get too excited. Let's see how we fare against Coach Fat and the Jets next week. ;)

The Reservoir Dog
10-05-2009, 11:18 AM
My Raiders

The Good: My missus, a Texan fan not giving me too much grief last night.

The Bad: My Raiders

The Ugly: My Raiders

Am I surprised?: No

gueli
10-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Don't mean to rain on your parade bro, but the Jets gave up 153 yards on the ground and 4.7 yards a carry. 343 total yards of offense. Not exactly "excellent".

Great goal line stand in the second quarter, though.

Disagree.
Yes we gave up yards. But consider this- they only let up 1 TD against one of the best offenses in the league. Up until now how much yardage did any of the three opponents give them ? How many TD's ?
don't get me wrong- considering that before the season, at this point we should have been 1-3 or 2 & 2- our QB gave them 14 points and really played badly. The defense never gave up, limited what they did, and yes in the 4th quarter, broke down a little, but when the offense couldn't stay on the field and did not give them a rest, what do you expect...
No I am still satisfied with the D. lets see currently ranked 5th in total D, ranked 3rd with 14 pts per game, played against some of the toughest teams, yet we are 3 and 1.
lets see how the fish do in week 7 against the saints- oh yeah, lets not forget this game was a home one for the saints, the dolphins will be the ones at home in week 7....or when the get to play the pats...
See you next monday...
J...e...T...S... jets jets jets :number1:

Pagan
10-05-2009, 02:11 PM
No I am still satisfied with the D. lets see currently ranked 5th in total D, ranked 3rd with 14 pts per game, played against some of the toughest teams, yet we are 3 and 1.
Some of the toughest teams???

You mean the 2-2 Houston Texans and the 0-4 Tennessee Titans? C'mon bro. New England even isn't the team it used to be. The Jets played ONE upper echelon team, and was beaten.

You needed two fumbled punts to even beat the Titans.

Don't drink the Rex kool aid just yet. I'm a RABID Dolphins fan, but I'm not crazy enough to think that after one stellar performance against a mediocre Bills team we're any better than we are.

Let's see what happens on Monday. The Saints exposed your run defense. The Dolphins are averaging almost 200 yards a game on the ground.

Something's gotta give. ;)

gueli
10-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Some of the toughest teams???

You mean the 2-2 Houston Texans and the 0-4 Tennessee Titans? C'mon bro. New England even isn't the team it used to be. The Jets played ONE upper echelon team, and was beaten.

You needed two fumbled punts to even beat the Titans.

Don't drink the Rex kool aid just yet. I'm a RABID Dolphins fan, but I'm not crazy enough to think that after one stellar performance against a mediocre Bills team we're any better than we are.

Let's see what happens on Monday. The Saints exposed your run defense. The Dolphins are averaging almost 200 yards a game on the ground.

Something's gotta give. ;)

I have to agree somewhat on 2 of the teams- houstan still has an excellent offense, Titans were supposed to expose their 'smash mouth' run game down the jets throats (rankede 8th).
We have a rookie QB, and the offense is offensive at times.

But are you seriously saying a bill billicheck coached team, with brady and moss aren't in the upper echelon ? Seriously ?:confused:

Again- Our D kept us in the game against a most prolific offense, our QB fell apart because the saints D is much better than they used to be.

Yeah, I am drinking the kool aid.
Not because of what is said, but based on what I have seen. No one expected the jets to be 3 and 1. We were supposed to loose this one in a shootout- again our d held, our QB shot himself in the foot :D.
He can and should get better. our D continues to improve. are we in the upper echelon- absolutly NOT.
Are we dangerous ? see you monday

PS I can hate the fish again- pennington is out

sportsguy2315
10-06-2009, 01:43 AM
Good: Farve played like the man of old and made the Green Bay D look like a high school team.

Bad: Thought AP could have a better game, but that's what you get when all the pressure's on him.

Ugly: "Mall of America Field at the Metrodome"? Really? :ack:

#1donaldfan
10-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Pittsburgh

Good : I won a week, so did they

Bad : 4th quarter !!

Ugly : could've been and almost was....

Lizzy
10-06-2009, 01:00 PM
PS I can hate the fish again- pennington is out

:nono: Shame on you! There is no need to hate!

besides, I am begining to think maybe Pennington was part of our problem! :secret:

gueli
10-07-2009, 02:34 AM
:nono: Shame on you! There is no need to hate!

besides, I am begining to think maybe Pennington was part of our problem! :secret:

ok I can get back into the heated rivalry, I don't realy hate the fish...
um, not for nothing- last year, when the whole bret favre/chad pennington (via eric mangini) thing went down I had commented something like this- Chad Pennington has my respect- he will play his heart out for your team, he will put everything on the line and do everything he can to win-but he does not have exceptional arm strength & he is prone to injuries (about every 2 years). But again he puts it all on the field, he plays with heart and more often than not wins. He has my respect in that regard.
Thus when he was playing for the dolphins- I couldn't help but root for him. even playing for a "hated" divison rivalry. As for part of the problem- many times whan a team changes QB's- there is a pickup in the offensive play. If I remember correctly, prior to pennington the dolphins were having major QB problems.

Pagan
10-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Are we dangerous ? see you monday
Yes we will see you Monday.

Are you dangerous? Your defense can be. Your offense however, scares no one. Do some research, Miami has the #2 run defense in the league right now, so Mr. Sanchez will have to beat us after he gets the ball back from one of our now patented 7 minute, 12 play drives. ;)

Bring it on!

gueli
10-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes we will see you Monday.

Are you dangerous? Your defense can be. Your offense however, scares no one. Do some research, Miami has the #2 run defense in the league right now, so Mr. Sanchez will have to beat us after he gets the ball back from one of our now patented 7 minute, 12 play drives. ;)

Bring it on!

:thumbsup:

Pagan
10-08-2009, 12:50 PM
:thumbsup:
Don'tcha just love rivalries? :number1:

gueli
10-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Don'tcha just love rivalries? :number1:

Yes, yes I do.
Thanks for putting up with my 'trash talk' this week, its nice to have someone to share in a heated rivalry. :thumbsup: