PDA

View Full Version : Another AP Question!

beksy
10-04-2009, 01:23 AM
When we go in October (15 days! :cloud9:) we have six day park hoppers but plan to upgrade to the AP. I know that I can get credit for the other tickets but I don't know when I need to upgrade to get full credit. Is it before the first use or can it be at any time during the six days as long as we haven't used all six days? Thanks for your help!

CanadianWDWFan
10-04-2009, 09:29 AM
We did the same thing as you this summer. The passes need to be unused to be able to upgrade them to AP's. We found it easier to do it at Guest Relations at DTD.

Briansmom
10-04-2009, 11:13 AM
So, I have been tossing the AP purchase around in my head for a while...not done too much research....so just would like to know...if you have said 'six day park hopper' for one adult and want to upgrade it to an AP....what is the price difference?

TIA-
Lela

magicofdisney
10-04-2009, 11:23 AM
We did the same thing as you this summer. The passes need to be unused to be able to upgrade them to AP's. We found it easier to do it at Guest Relations at DTD.
I know previously we could upgrade used tickets (within a 14 day period of first use). Has this policy changed in the last year?

beksy
10-04-2009, 11:45 AM
So, I have been tossing the AP purchase around in my head for a while...not done too much research....so just would like to know...if you have said 'six day park hopper' for one adult and want to upgrade it to an AP....what is the price difference?

TIA-
Lela

Well, for us it is 3 adults and the extra cost is going to be $650 which was cheaper than adding on days and getting the no expiration option. :thumbsup: It's basically just taking the price of the tickets bought and subtracting that from the price of the AP. The bought tickets are a credit towards the cost of the AP.

wdwnomad
10-04-2009, 10:22 PM
You can use MYW tickets that have been used to upgrade to an AP. I did it last year and last month for my renewal. In fact, if they are used you will get the current gate price of the tickets. So if you booked you package prior to the August price increase you will get a little extra money towards the AP.

If you are upgrading MYW tickets with the Water Parks and more option on them then if any of the Water Parks and more entitlements have been used you will have to upgrade to a PAP. However, if they haven't been used you will have the option of upgrading to an AP or PAP.