PDA

View Full Version : Photopass CD/Pre order

seanyred
10-03-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm confused!!!

I went to the Photopass website and couldn't not find the pre-order for the CD. But what I did find is that you can order a CD for $59.95

Then while I was searching the web I found a link for the pre-order page which has the price at $99.99.

Am I missing something here? Both versions give you copyright permission to reprint.

Also to make it more complicated...I was considering having a family portrait session at AKL. So if I did that can my regular photopass pictures go on that CD.

I thought I had this figured out but now I'm more confused...I kinda feel like Dopey

beksy
10-03-2009, 11:28 PM
The link for $99 is the one for the regular photopass. The cheaper one is, I think, where you download pictures you take (not the photopass ones) onto the site, add borders, etc. and then they send you the CD with your photos. I'm thinking the portrait sessions are totally seperate but could be wrong. It is confusing!

seanyred
10-03-2009, 11:45 PM
The link for $99 is the one for the regular photopass. The cheaper one is, I think, where you download pictures you take (not the photopass ones) onto the site, add borders, etc. and then they send you the CD with your photos. I'm thinking the portrait sessions are totally seperate but could be wrong. It is confusing!

I was thinking the same thing...but the $59 one asks for your Photopass ID. So I would think this would be the best way to go.

I did find the answer for the Family Portrait question...it is completely separate from the traditional photopass.

mom2mickeyfan
10-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I just went to the photopass web site and the photopass CD is showing up as $149.95 for me. We love the CD and would love to be able to get it for $59 for our next trip.

Disney Doll
10-05-2009, 07:17 AM
The CD preorder is usually $99. We got ours on sale for $89 a few months back, but $59 sounds too good to be true. I would be willing to bet the $59 offer is something different.

seanyred
10-05-2009, 07:41 AM
The CD preorder is usually $99. We got ours on sale for $89 a few months back, but $59 sounds too good to be true. I would be willing to bet the $59 offer is something different.

That's what doesn't make sense to me. I think I'm just going to call photopass and see if I can get the answer straight from the horses (i mean Mouses) mouth.

seanyred
10-05-2009, 07:44 AM

That's what doesn't make sense to me. I think I'm just going to call photopass and see if I can get the answer straight from the horses (i mean Mouses) mouth.

I have one other thought does the $99 come with the Professional Disney Pictures of all the attractions?

mom2mickeyfan
10-06-2009, 11:12 PM
My $99 CD did not. Only the photo pass pictures with the edits I had done to them. My personal pictures that I had uploaded to the site were also not included.

seanyred
10-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I sent an e-mail to the Photopass customer services yesterday. I haven't heard back yet but when I do I'll be sure and pass the info on.

I just went to the photopass website now the $59 price has disappeared and there is no price at all listed. Did I alert them to a mistake...hope I didn't ruin a cheaper price for someone else.

Jennifer_and_Chris
10-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Maybe that was a typo that they corrected? I will be purchasing the $99 CD package this weekend for our trip in 9 days!!!

This is our first time ordering the PhotoPass CD. There are 13 of us, so with everyone having their own photopass, we should be making out very well this time.

My scrapbook pages are trembling with excitement.

seanyred
10-07-2009, 02:54 PM
I got clarification regarding the prices. The $59 photopass CD is for DL not WDW. Not sure how they know the difference and why its so much cheaper but that's what Disney Photopass stated in their e-mail to me.

And in order to receive the $99 pre-order price this is what was sent to me:

-Have an upcoming reservation in a Walt Disney World Hotel

-Have their email address on file in the marketing database

-Have opted in to receive email from the Walt Disney World company

If you meet these requirements, you can expect to see this email about
10 days prior to your arrival. Once you have received this email, you
are within a safe time frame in which to make your prepurchase without
worry that your promotion code/s will expire.

Hope this helps.

mom2mickeyfan
10-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Here is a link to where you can pre-purchase the CD. We always stay off-site and have never had a problem getting the CD at the pre-purchase price with the link.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

seanyred
10-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Here is a link to where you can pre-purchase the CD. We always stay off-site and have never had a problem getting the CD at the pre-purchase price with the link.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

Thanks for the link. I'll be sure and use it in case I don't get the e-mail.

SurferStitch
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
That link no longer works. I booked through MJ, so I don't think I'll get the email for the pre-order discount.

Is there a way to pre-order? I really don't want to spend $150. I should have done it last month.

Goofy4TheWorld
11-10-2009, 02:01 PM
That link no longer works. I booked through MJ, so I don't think I'll get the email for the pre-order discount.

Is there a way to pre-order? I really don't want to spend $150. I should have done it last month.

I have read on another site that you can call the PhotoPass people directly, explain that you have a travel agency reservation, and once they confirm you have a trip booked on property, they will send you the link/code. Haven't done it, only read it somewhere online.

SurferStitch
11-10-2009, 03:58 PM
I actually just read the same thing, but about 10 minutes after their phone lines closed at 1:00 pm EST. I'll try again tomorrow.

faline
11-10-2009, 06:45 PM
I have read on another site that you can call the PhotoPass people directly, explain that you have a travel agency reservation, and once they confirm you have a trip booked on property, they will send you the link/code. Haven't done it, only read it somewhere online.

I heard that as well. I called PhotoPass yesterday and they said I would need to have my travel agent send them an e-mail which would confirm my reservation. Following that, I contacted Melissa at Magica Journeys who handled the booking for my upcoming trip. She e-mailed PhotoPass as they instructed. Just tonight, I got another e-mail from her. She has received an e-mail from PhotoPass that provides me with a discount code that I can enter AFTER I return from my trip in order to receive the PhotoPass at the pre-trip order rate.

SurferStitch
11-10-2009, 11:03 PM
I also emailed Melissa today, so she'll probably do the same thing for us. Thanks for the info!

TheVBs
11-11-2009, 07:49 AM
I have one other thought does the $99 come with the Professional Disney Pictures of all the attractions?

When we did it last, there were no attraction pictures, but there were plenty of iconic park and resort pictures to choose from.

When you get the pre-purchase $99 cd, can you upload your own photos to that too?

faline
11-11-2009, 07:51 AM
When you get the pre-purchase $99 cd, can you upload your own photos to that too?

We didn't upload any of our own pictures the last time we did the pre-purchase cd but there was a provision on the photo pass site that would have allowed us to do so.

Goofy4TheWorld
11-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Okay, so we can get the discount price, but will those of us booked through a Travel Agent still be able to get the free "personalized PhotoPass card" like the non-travel-agent reservations get when pre-ordering? I think a heavy duty card would be nice to have for my PhotoPass number to be on.

After reading some more, I am wondering if I can I order the personalized card separately without pre-ordering??

SurferStitch
11-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Here's some good info I found elsewhere. I always get very accurate info from the site:

Guests may opt to purchase just the personalized Disney's PhotoPass card for $4.95 which includes standard shipping. So, you can order your own custom card. I don't know if I have time to do this before we leave on the 30th, plus I don't know if it's worth another $5 for a card. It's the same card you get in the park for free, just with a different design.

The photo CD does not include any of the stock resort or park images. You can purchase a separate CD with all of them for $39.95. Over 300 hi-res photos including many not featured on disneyphotopass.com are yours for unlimited personal use. Note that unlike the PhotoCD, you are not able to distribute these photos, they are strictly for your own personal use.

Personal Photo Archive - The PhotoCD won't include any photos you have personally uploaded, either from home or at the parks, but you can purchase a collection of your personal photos on CD for $19.95. You get all of your uploaded photos, including any enhancements and edits you have made, regardless of the number of CDs they fill. Because the borders you are able to add to personally uploaded photos contain Disney elements, you will also receive a limited copyright release allowing you to obtain prints of the photos anywhere. Alternatively, you can purchase prints of your uploaded photos directly from Disney's PhotoPass for $.19 each (4x6 format only).

Hope this helps.

SurferStitch
11-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Got my discount code yesterday from Melissa! I'll get the $99 deal after we return from WDW and order our CD.

:joy:

pixiesmimi
11-15-2009, 07:37 PM
I went directly to the Photopass web site to preorder my CD. I thought it said or I had read that you could also upload your own photos to the CD. When I got back, I uploaded our photos but then found out they wouldn't be included on our CD. It would cost another $19.95, I think, to do one of our pictures so I just didn't do anything with them. I can make a CD from my own computer with these for free. But we had the photo session at the Poly and I had to bring a copy of the receipt of purchase with me to get a discount for the photo session. They gave us a CD and also a photopass card that we were able to upload to our Photopass CD. So print out a copy of your receipt if you plan to do the resort pictures. I did have to pay shipping when I ordered the CD afterwards and it was 7.99. I had forgotten that I would have to pay that.