PDA

View Full Version : A Barry Magical Trip DAY 9

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Cast of Characters

Me, Trish,36, the planner

DH, Shaun, 37, DH, not AS in love with Disney, but stayed home last year while we went without him, and said he was far too lonely.. )

DD, Sammy, 5 years old, the shy one, (Occasionally she insists we call her Ruby and talks about her imaginary brother Max… aka Max and Ruby on Noggin…)

DD, Alex (Occasionally known as Lexi), 2 years old, the loud one

Auntie Susie, 50, along for her first trip with the girls, has not been to WDW since the 70’s when it was only Magic Kingdom

DAY 9 Fri 10/2
Magic Kingdom/Magic Express/Less than magical flight

We gave the girls the choice of ½ day at the park of their choice or ½ day swimming at the resort before catching the Magic Express bus back to the airport. They chose Magic Kingdom… So after checking our baggage we got to Magic Kingdom about 10:45 am. Did most of Fantasy Land again, and of course the People Mover. Lunch at Starlight Café,.. Alex was having a moment while they waited for me to bring the food, Shaun was exasperated with her and all cranky by the time I got to the table with the food… What took so long? Ummm going to get the sautéed mushroom s for the topping on YOUR burger my love!....Then a little more time at the Emporium and then back to POP. Shaun waited at the Magic Express stop with the girls, and I ran off to use the rest of our snack credits on rice crispy mickey ears to bring back fro friends, and our last 2 counter service credits for grab and go sandwiches for the plane. Of course the line was REDICULOUS at this point… and the bus was waiting for me to get on by the time I was done, with Shaun giving me an exasperated look… “But I was getting dinner for YOU honey!...” There were people who were later than me anyway. Alex yelled Lets Go about a million times waiting for the bus to go… Then we got to the airport and had to wait an hour before they let us on the plane… And Alex was yelling and cryng again… completely done. She just wanted it to take off. The guy in front of me turned around and rolled his eyes… I said to him “If there was something I could do I would do it… so just turn around and stop rolling your eyes buddy” (Note this was NOT a morning flight, and as such I was much better prepared for any verbal discussion that might be needed!  , then I actually laughed because Sammy at that exact moment kicked the back of his seat (in the way a 5 year old will) I asked her not to kick his seat again but silently I was thinking “Good girls kick it again!” Alex calmed down… and finally we were in the air … and then heck broke loose again. Alex had to go to the bathroom and the captain had not turned off the fasten seatbelt sign. She was shrieking POTTY! POTTY… I stood up to look for a stewardess… and one came running by me, and told me to sit down… I tried to stop her to explain the situation and she kept on going and did not stop to talk to me… So Alex is crying and shrieking and had gone a little in her pants. Alex is potty trained except for naps and bed time, and is VERY proud about it. I had a pull up in my bag, and changed her there in the seat, but she did NOT want to go in the pull up… Even a 2 year old has her pride. I also happened to have an extra outfit for both girls in the bag left from the park, (always bring an extra outfit for each of them incase they play in water) Finally Shaun hit the stewardess button and one came and said to take her if I needed too. Well GEEZE if the first one had stopped for 2 seconds and said that half of this would have been eliminated… So I took her and she was VERY relieved. Tho we did keep a pull up on her for the rest of the trip. She had to go again later and Shaun took her and the guy in front of me actually apologized for his previous eye rolling and said he did not want me or the kids to think of him as “The mean guy on the plane”… ok, forgiven and moving on. Things were good again… and the ride finally came to an end. Nana was there to meet us with some pants and sweatshirts… a LOT colder in CT than in FL. Got all the suitcases and stuff… and headed home. Alex passed out in her carseat! Shaun carried her to bed. We were home by 9:30 pm. Alex stayed asleep… Sam went down pretty fast. I was happy to shower in my own bathroom and sleep in my on king size bed and not have to share a full sized bed with Sam.

disneykid@hrt
10-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Plane meltdowns are the worst! I always think about the "evil thoughts" people are having about my little bundle of joy. On our last plane "adventure" I actually caught the chic in front of me texting on her little blackberry about my daughter bumping her seat- she did say she was cute though :cool:.

Thanks for the report!

KylesMom
10-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Well, the good: At least you were able to celebrate one last day at MK.

The bad: Plane trips when you'd rather just skip it and magically be HOME.

The ugly: Having to share a double bed when you're used to a King. :D

All in all, a good trip with a few bumps along the way, which you handled well. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

So when's the next trip? :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

faline
10-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Adventures in travel! Vacations are wonderful but then there's that trip back home again! Glad you're back all snug in your own home (though I'll bet you're already wishing you were back in Disney)!

DizNee143
10-06-2009, 03:38 PM
sounds like a nice few last hours in MK..
glad you guys made it home ok..and that the guy apologized! :mickey: