PDA

View Full Version : A Barry Magical Trip DAY 8

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Cast of Characters

Me, Trish,36, the planner

DH, Shaun, 37, DH, not AS in love with Disney, but stayed home last year while we went without him, and said he was far too lonely.. )

DD, Sammy, 5 years old, the shy one, (Occasionally she insists we call her Ruby and talks about her imaginary brother Max… aka Max and Ruby on Noggin…)

DD, Alex (Occasionally known as Lexi), 2 years old, the loud one

Auntie Susie, 50, along for her first trip with the girls, has not been to WDW since the 70’s when it was only Magic Kingdom

DAY 8 Thursday 10/1
Magic Kingdom/EPCOT

Today Shaun woke up still feeling miserable. I convinced him that the girls and I are fine to take off alone. I would rather him sleep. SO he helped me get them ready and then crawled back into bed. The girls and I headed off to Magic Kingdom. We did Haunted Mansion first for Sammy, and I held on tight to Alex who still thought it was “pooky” then we went to It’s a Small World, and did a bunch more of Fantasy Land. Alex kept yelling “Yellow Red” everytime she saw another girl in the dress and was very upset that she was not wearing her Snow White dress. However at this point it was pretty dirty and sweaty and Mommy was pretty adamant about it staying in the room. Alex did not care for this… and let us know OFTEN throughout the rest of our visit. At somepoint during this Shaun woke up and said he wanted to join us, so he showered, hopped the bus and met us in time for lunch at Columbia Harbor House again. We went to ride the People Mover and it was down… so we did the Indy Cars, and headed back, still broke, So Shaun went to take Sammy on Peter pan and I was going to take Alex for some shopping in the Emporium… Once Shaun and Sam left… it (The People Mover) was back up. So up we went to Peter Pan to get them and bring them back down (The girls REALLY LOVE this ride… can you tell?) So back to the TTA (The people mover is really called the Tomorrowland Transit Authority TTA) then time in the Emporium. AS had called and asked us to get the girls a gift from her as she forgot to do that before she left. Sam picks a stuffed Nala and Alex picked a stuffed Simba. They carried them each day for the rest of the trip and Alex tells us she wants hers by growling “I Want GRRRRRR” It is cuter and sounds less demanding when you hear it instead of reading it in print. We also got Alex a Dorrie from us and Sammy a Lady from us… and some other stuff…. Sammy was in her pretending to be Ruby mode and would pick up the little kid shirts and say things like “This will look great on Max, or Max, would you like us to buy this for you?” It was too cute. Then off to EPCOT for dinner at Canada. This was to be our Anniversary dinner (REAL anniversary was Sept 5) Alex was pretty ornery and had no interest in sitting still at a table. The cheddar cheese soup came which was delish with the breads dipped in, And then another table sat next to us with 2 girls a little younger than Sam and Alex, they were not any happier to be at a sit down restaurant then our kids… so at least there was no feeling bad about the people sitting next to us hearing Alex constantly yell “Lets GO!!!!” Dinner was great, filet with mushroom risotto, SHaun had some other steak, and then Alex in a moment of total frustration kicked the table and the water landed on poor Shaun. Then Alex was embarrassed and bawling, Shaun was frustrated, the poor waitress was doing everything she could and even brought both girls their own ice cream so they didn’t have to share… Then dessert came with “Congratulations” written in chocolate on the plates… and a card signed by everyone. It was nice, however everyone was pretty stressed by now. Shaun took the girls outside and I took care of the tip… By the time I got out everyone had calmed down. Shaun had not yet ridden Mission Space… (like I said, he is a sci fi nut) so I sent him over… I took the girls on Imagination again and then Space Ship Earth. Alex was too quick for me again and this time we listened to it in French… Then we just hung out in a store waiting for Shaun to finish his space mission. Sammy was again showing everything to “Max” and asking what we he would like a a gift to bring home. We headed to the bus stop for a few rousing choruses of “Where da but?” and back to the POP. Did some “last night swimming” and then packed while the girls fell asleep and then to bed…

KylesMom
10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Aw, not the last night! :(

Although hectic, I hope you enjoyed your anniversary dinner at LeCellier - it's another one of our favorites. Funny how Alex wants you to learn a few more languages via SpaceShip Earth! :D

Thanks for sharing another day with us!

pdrlkr
10-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Rekenna
10-05-2009, 06:01 PM
My DS4-Gabe, also loves "Max and Ruby". I'm glad she identifies herself with the nice Ruby and not the not nice Max. I laugh everytime Gabe watches that show b/c Max is such a brat. Poor Ruby! She is a good big sister!

Sorry everything was a little stressful. But I have to say your trip report sounds more true to life than some of the others I read where no one has any issues, meltdowns, episodes and the like. I totally see myself in your place but with 3 boys.:mickey:

DizNee143
10-06-2009, 03:22 PM
noo..not the last night!! i dont like the last night..
sounds like a pretty good day you guys had..
i hope that little bit of extra rest helped your hubby out!:mickey: