PDA

View Full Version : A Barry Magical Trip DAY 6

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Cast of Characters

Me, Trish,36, the planner

DH, Shaun, 37, DH, not AS in love with Disney, but stayed home last year while we went without him, and said he was far too lonely.. )

DD, Sammy, 5 years old, the shy one, (Occasionally she insists we call her Ruby and talks about her imaginary brother Max… aka Max and Ruby on Noggin…)

DD, Alex (Occasionally known as Lexi), 2 years old, the loud one

Auntie Susie, 50, along for her first trip with the girls, has not been to WDW since the 70’s when it was only Magic Kingdom

DAY 6 Tuesday 9/29
Animal Kingdom / Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Today we went back to Animal Kingdom to do the Safari and Festival of the Lion king that we missed when Alex and I had gone back for napping earlier in the week. We also did a triceratops spin again. Shaun’s cough and sore throat were getting worse. He stopped into first aid and got a few lozenges. We had lunch at pizzafari because we were not going to take the chance of dealing with ducks at our feet again upsetting Alex to a point of no return. We had never been in Pizzafari before and I really liked it. There was lots of room and space. I had the Italian Sandwich which was really good. We then went back to POP for nap time for EVERYONE as that evening was MNNSHP and we knew we would be up late. And to my great surprise, even Sammy slept. (Sammy has not taken a single nap since she turned 3 unless she has the flu)… We set a wake up call for 4 pm. We had dinner at Crystal Palace that night before the Halloween Party. Once we got to Crystal Palace there was a VERY long wait. I took the girls for a walk and Shaun waited, Shaun took the girls for a walk and I waited. The ENTIRE Dream along with Mickey (Or whatever the name is) show went on in front of the Castle, and the girls and I watched that while Shaun waited again… then we got in. By now Alex had insisted on getting into her “Yellow Red” Snow white costume. Sammy was willing to wait until after dinner to change. Shaun was starting to feel even worse. We finally got in. I love Crystal Palace. It has great memories for me with my parents going there before it was ever a character dining and was more cafeteria style, and I thought it was so beautiful lit up at night, it was like eating at the White House. So we met Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore. The girls were a little more willing for pics with these guys. And we did remember the autograph book this time. After I got Sam into her Alice in Wonderland” dress and off we went to the party. We did trick or treating, rode Dumbo with NO WAIT! More trick or treating… Some more rides, went over to Frontier land to get ready FOR THE FIRST PARADE. A nice woman in a stroller told us that if we helped her save room for her grandkids stroller, that me and the girls could sit on the curb in front of her. Shaun stood back with our stroller and he was coughing up a storm by now. We watched the great parade. Last year the girls loved dancing with the characters in Ariel’s Grotto. .. They really didn’t have much interest this year. We found a spot for the fire works, and enjoyed them immensely. So much easer to find a spot for those than a parade… just stop the stroller and ask the girls to LOOK UP! Then a little time in Tomorrow Land on the People mover and a spin on Buzz Lightyear, and it was time to go…The girls got more candy on their way out. We headed over to the bus stop for a few more choruses of Alex yelling “Where’s da but?” and then home and fast asleep.

KylesMom
10-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm happy to hear you were able to return to AK to experience the Safari & Festival of the Lion King. We like Pizzafari too!

Very smart idea to get that nap in before the party. Sounds like a blast with Snow White and Alice by your side! :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Rekenna
10-05-2009, 05:53 PM
We are planning a day of light early morning shopping and a nice long afternoon nap before we go to MNSSHP. Sounds like a good idea!

DizNee143
10-06-2009, 03:06 PM
sounds like a pretty good day at AK and then at the MK for the party!! i hope your hubby is feeling better by the next day! :mickey:

faline
10-07-2009, 10:07 AM
Except for Shaun not feeling well, it was a most excellent day!