PDA

View Full Version : A Barry Magical Trip Day 2

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
10-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Cast of Characters

Me, Trish,36, the planner

DH, Shaun, 37, DH, not AS in love with Disney, but stayed home last year while we went without him, and said he was far too lonely.. )

DD, Sammy, 5 years old, the shy one, (Occasionally she insists we call her Ruby and talks about her imaginary brother Max… aka Max and Ruby on Noggin…)

DD, Alex (Occasionally known as Lexi), 2 years old, the loud one

Auntie Susie, 50, along for her first trip with the girls, has not been to WDW since the 70’s when it was only Magic Kingdom

DAY 2, Friday 9/25
Magic Kingdom

First I should explain that Shaun and I are NOT good morning people. We try. I try to be as organized as possible the morning before. We both have our “duties “ with the kids while the other one showers, I get them fed (We bring breakfast foods and the makings for pb&J’s), and do hair. Shaun gets them dressed and does toothbrushes. But somehow we still have never made it out of the room in great time. We also do NOT set the alarm on vacation. The girls are staying up later than normal, so we want them to get as much sleep as their bodies need. But we finally get moving and get on the bus with AS to Magic Kingdom. As we start walking down Main Street, I realize that in all our getting the girls ready, I forgot to eat breakfast… Tried to stop at the Bakery, but it was PACKED… So we kept heading towards the Castle. While the girls and Shaun and AS are looking at the castle, I run off and get a frozen choc banana with nuts from the vendor, and am careful to walk BEHIND the stroller so the girls do not see and start asking for ice cream themselves. We hit most of Fantasy Land, with little wait times, getting FastPasses for Peter Pan. We took them on Snow White which scared them both and we never rode this ride again for the rest of the trip. Then for lunch we go to Columbia Harbor House. We tried this place for the first time last year, and LOVED it! I love the healthy grain bread on the sandwiches!... So AS and I got some Hummus and broccoli slaw sandwiches… Don’t really remember what everyone else got. I know that for the majority of the week, the girls shared mac and cheese, kid’s pizzas and ckn nuggets. So you can basically figure that this is what they ate.

Any whooo… after lunch it was on to the Haunted Mansion. This scared BOTH kids last year, this year, Sammy could not get enough of this ride… even tho she did most of it with her fingers in her ears. Alex did ok, but did not want to ride it as much, as in her words it was “Pooky” which is her adorable way of saying “spooky”. At this point Shaun decided he needed a haircut at the Barber Shop and AS, and the girls and I went on the Swiss Family Tree House, Magic Carpet Ride, and saw the Tiki Room, the Jungle ride and played in those Totem pole water sprayers. By this time Shaun had caught back up with us, and I decided it was time to introduce AS to the Dole whip Float (pineapple soft serve in a tall cup of fresh pineapple juice) and bought 2 for the 5 of us to share… YUMMY! We then did Pirates, and I asked to bring the Johnny Depp statue back.. NOPE! We had time to zoom over to Tomorrow Land and do the Carosel of Progress, TTA (People Mover) and Monsters Laugh Floor before heading to Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at Boma at 5ish. We didn’t have to wait long, but enjoyed the lobby area while we did wait. The buffet was WONDERFUL! We all agreed that Auntie Janet back home would love this place and the African foods in the buffet. Alex had sort of had it with the day at this point and just wanted to climb the stairs instead of eat. We were through DAY 2 with no naps and Alex tends to take a 2-3 hour nap each day at home. Telling a 2 year old that “It is against the rules to climb the stairs until you finish your plate” only works for so long… So we finished up. Hopped a bus back to the POP. We all changed into suits and went for a swim. Alex can be VERY particular and has some sensitivity issues, so for the week the only one that she would let hold her in the pool was me. Which left Sammy with Shaun and lots of “Tickle Monster” with AS. After this we toweled off, back to the room and PASSED OUT!

BluewaterBrad
10-03-2009, 09:24 PM
You guys have your hands full. Passing out in your Disney room is great though!:mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-03-2009, 09:43 PM
What a great day! I'm not a morning person either, if it wasn't for DH, we'd never get up and going in the morning.

Mickeydream
10-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Sounds like a full day with no nap. We just love Boma, too. It's on our ADR list for our Nov trip.

KylesMom
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Ah yes - Snow White's Scary Adventure had a distinct impact on DS when he was younger! :D Great day - love the way you sneaked that frozen banana in! Looking forward to reading more. :mickey:

pdrlkr
10-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Rekenna
10-05-2009, 05:39 PM
As I was reading your post I was just thinking to myself, "Wow, what voodoo does she doodoo to go all day with no naps!", then you said Alex needed a nap. Oh well, I thought maybe you had a trick! :secret:

LittleRoosMommy
10-06-2009, 12:20 AM
What a great day!! The going without naps is so hard!! My youngest does not nap well in the stroller and fights sleep until she basically passes out! Makes for some fun times! LOL

DizNee143
10-06-2009, 02:32 PM
wow what a day!!! definitely made the most of it!! seems your kids are doing to bad without naps!!..off to read more..:mickey:

faline
10-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Too funny - that you forgot to eat breakfats! Overall, very nice day!