PDA

View Full Version : T Rex

JacobsMama
10-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Ok, I've got a last minute vacation planned for Thanksgiving week (starting the Sunday before) and we really want to eat at the T Rex at DTD. I can't seem to find a time available. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a reservation? Every time I seem to check is not available. Would it help to call the restaurant directly? I would let it go, but my son has his heart set and we just found out that we can go then. HELP!

tesslor
10-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Try calling them directly. It is my understanding that Disney only books some of the reservations for them.

If nothing else, just keep trying. I was recently able to get some of the ones I wanted by being persistent and trying online every day.

Strmchsr
10-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Definitely call directly. Also, keep in mind that TRex does not do ADRs like WDW. They do "priority seating." There is still a standby line, though it is sometimes quite long. Arriving right at lunch opening is often the best bet on standby.

green ranger
10-03-2009, 09:13 PM
You don't HAVE to have an ADR for T-Rex. In August, lunch was pretty easy to get into. If you are flexible with your times, it was also emptier around 2:30/3:00 when we were there (the in between period)
I think you will be fine with getting in there. Have fun! I know our kids loved it there.

kwhitt3202
10-04-2009, 05:56 PM
I have been trying to get in there for weeks and there is no availability for the week after Thanksgiving. Tried from 2:00-8:00 in 15 min intervals and nothing. Let us know if something works for you.

DVC2004
10-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Also if you go at an "off time" you can probably get in. We had reservations once for 4 but showed up a little after 3 and there was no wait at all. You can always try that as a last resort.

grumpypima
10-05-2009, 10:17 PM
We were there in August and my husband just had to do T-Rex. I wasn't able to get an ADR and never called them directly...it was on my list of things to do but I just never got around to it. We decided to go to DTD and wait as long it took in the walk-up line. We went the right attitude and it paid off!

*It is important note we arrived with a good attitude. All in all we really didn't have to wait very long considering the crowd level. We waited about 30 minutes, not too bad. My only complaint was the RUDE host and retail store clerk was rude too!! Yes, it was hectic because the crowd level was big but the host was downright obnoxious; so obnoxious it was laughable. Anyway, we made our way through it and had a wonderful meal. We had a wonderful waitress and the food was very good. We had the ribs and chicken.

WishingStar2006
10-06-2009, 07:26 AM
We are going the ame week and had the same dilema..it was a must do for my grandson. I called T-Rex directly and they had TONS of availability. As a previous poster said, it's priority seating so you may have a wait but at least you get in!! Have a great trip!

Melliesmom
10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Is there a phone number for the T-Rex restaurant? And is this one on the dining plan? Thanks!

Ed
10-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Is there a phone number for the T-Rex restaurant? And is this one on the dining plan? Thanks!

407-828-TREX (407-828-8739)

Not sure if it's on the DDP or not.

WishingStar2006
10-08-2009, 08:12 AM
NO, T-Rex is not on the DDP. They are owned, I think, by the same people as the Rainforest Cafe's and they are not on the DDP either.