PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Head Resort

DisNut
10-03-2009, 05:54 PM
We're hoping to head to to the HHR at the end of February.

It will be me and my husband so I'm thinking we would need a studio, but would love to hear opinions about the rooms.

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is of the resort......what building, in your opinion, is the best to request for views and accessibility, what fun things to do on the Island, what restaurants are a "not to miss", and any other info that you would like to pass on.

Thanks!

pox24
10-05-2009, 04:25 PM
My wife and stayed there a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Golfing, shopping and dining occupied us. There is the beach too. The resort is so unlike Disney. There is a small lobby with CS food and store down by the pool. The beach house is very nice, a short drive away. HHI Disney is a quiet, layed back peaceful place. The studio we had was next to the main building and very spacious. They are layed out diffrent from the ones in Orlando and Vero. Grilles are scattered around with hammocks and horseshoe pits. Resort in nestled amongst tall pines. Next door is a Marina with all sorts of shops and places to eat. About a 10 minute drive to Harbour Town.
Fishing charters are available in the area too. We enjoyed sleeping in, golfing at Sea Pines and just spending leisurely days shopping and dining. We both loved it and can't wait to go back some day. Where to eat? There are a million choices on HHI.:thumbsup:

Mackflava99
10-15-2009, 09:59 AM
We are thinking of going in April so its good to see nice reviews

wonderalice23
10-21-2009, 02:09 PM
we are thinking of taking my parents to this resort - they did a lot for us this past year (planning for our wedding) and we figured a vacation for all of us would be fun. I picked this resort because they love vacationing but will not return to WDW until they have grandkids (apparently one time with my sisters and I was enough :mickey:)

fupresti
10-23-2009, 05:53 PM
I just booked my first stay using DVC points for May so I am happy to hear the good reviews.

That said, tell me about the palmetto bugs I read so much about. Is there a good time to avoid these?

senderella
10-26-2009, 10:35 AM
We are going in 10 days. This is our first trip to the HHI resort. I love Hilton Head and I love Disney so it has to be good. I am taking my two boys, DS1 age 16 and DS2 age 10. DS1 is also taking a friend (too embarrassing to hang out with mom and little bro). I will post details when I get back. I know that there was a trip report from Hilton Head not too long ago and she included quite a few pics, might be worth your time to search for it.