PDA

View Full Version : Insulin needle disposal?

Disney4us2
10-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi,

I was recently put on insulin. I was wondering about what to do with the used needle (on a pen right now). I know that they have sharps containers at the parks first aid station (at least at Disneyland).

Do you bring a sharps container? Just save up the needles and bring them home? I want to dispose of them in a proper way. Do the resorts have sharps /biohazzard containers?

Thanks

Strmchsr
10-03-2009, 06:02 PM
We request a sharps container from Mousekeeping and that takes care of it. We save our needles used in the park during the day and deposit them in the container when we get back to the room that evening.

IloveJack
10-05-2009, 12:31 PM
I was on pens for quite a while before getting a pump this summer. I never bothered with a sharps container. My endocrinologist told me to put them in a drink bottle (plastic 20 oz) and then when it's full put a tiny bit of bleach in it, shake it up, and throw it away. I did it for years, and never had a problem with it. Drink bottles are much easier to come by, and don't cost anything (and you're recycling/reusing!).

Dznygrl79
10-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Last trip I went on I was with someone who had a daily needle, we used the sharps container in the park at first aid, I am glad to know mousekeeping can bring one to the room that will make life easier in the future!

ddcrna
10-23-2009, 06:03 AM
Restrooms at Sea World have sharps containers. Disney should follow suit for the convenience of those who need them and the safety of others.