PDA

View Full Version : Driving around the WORLD

Rekenna
10-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey Guys! I'm sure this is on here somewhere and I just can't find it, if someone could point me in the right direction....

I need driving directions around WDW. Like from ASMo to TTC, AK, DHS, DD. We will be driving this time, in the past we have flown and have always relied on WDW Trans. We will probably use the busses some but would also like to know our way around if we drive.

Thanks for your help!:mickey:

TheRustyScupper
10-03-2009, 11:37 AM
1) Truly, you do not need advance directions.
2) WDW gets driving tourists.
3) They are good at road signs.
4) BIG road signs.
5) It is really hard to get lost or misdirected.

DisneyPrincess21
10-03-2009, 11:48 AM
5) It is really hard to get lost or misdirected.

LOL. Tell that to my Father! HAHA

I made my parents a reservation for a holiday carriage ride at the wilderness lodge, And I told them exactly where it was and how to get there. Well let's just say my dad didn't "see" the signs. At one point I was on the phone with him and he was telling me that there "Was no hotel named the "wilderness lodge"!! Only fort wilderness!"

Uh...Your talking to a disney nut, I know everything there is and isn't and there IS a hotel named the wilderness lodge! :D
Finally they found it (a few minutes late) but they found it.

My Father gets too frazzled anymore to try and follow simply directions. My mom said I should have driven them there, that way they would have actually gotten there on time! HAHA

But I do agree it is super easy to drive around WDW. I had never driven there before and this past trip I did all the driving (as you would assume ;)) and I didn't have any problems.
As long as your not my Father, you shouldn't have any trouble :D

Polynesian Dweller
10-03-2009, 11:48 AM
First, driving around WDW is easy. The roads are well marked so no real worries. But second the All Star Resorts make it even easier because they are on West Buena Vista Drive which leads directly to DHS and DD. Just get on the main road in the AS complex (that's W Buena Vista) and stay on it till you get to DHS first and DD second.

For AK, take W Buena Vista out of AS and the first roadvid Oceola. Turn left and about 3 minutes later there is AK.

For TTC and Epcot, take W Buena Vista past CSR to World Dr (before DHS) and turn left on World Dr. That will lead you past the Epcot entrance and to the TTC.

So from AS the instructions really all come down to, take W Buena Vista. Real easy. Enjoy your trip!

Ed
10-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Two easy solutions:

1. Any good GPS system;

2. THIS PAGE (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/)from the WDW website.

:truck: :car:

SandmanGStefani24
10-03-2009, 11:59 PM
lol, the king of wrong turns is here!

and even I can say driving around WDW is no big deal. Use yahoo maps or mapquest to get the general idea from MCO to WDW, and then once you check in to the resort they provide property maps with the main roads listed. Even if you miss a turn it's easy to get back on track.

BTW, there's nothing better than flying under the Welcome To Walt Disney World sign with a convertible to start your trip!

seanyred
10-04-2009, 12:06 AM
I also agree its really easy to get around WDW. I'm very good at giving directions but at WDW my only directions would be...follow the signs. And if you make wrong turn don't worry there will be another to tell you where to go. If you get off property just make a safe u-turn and follow the signs...

Aggie97
10-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Definitely ask your resort front desk for a property map. Between that and the road signs, navigating is pretty easy. Have fun! :mickey:

Rekenna
10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone for your help! Only 20 more days to go! :mickey:

mudpuppysmom
10-05-2009, 02:43 PM
HONESTLY, it's really easy to get around......the signs tell you like four times turn "L/R" in three exits, turn "L/R" in two exits, turn "L/R" at the next exit....and TURN NOW!

This is coming from someone that amuses the kids while DH drives from SOG to Epcot and got lost several trips!!! I look up and ask him where are we going.....he says Epcot.....I say, uh, you just passed the exit....."no I didn't"....and you loop around and around and around and guess what -- you can get to Epcot even if you miss the first turn!!!

Even if you do take a wrong exit, just keep following the signs and you'll get there eventually!