PDA

View Full Version : AKL vs BCV

AirlineGuy07
10-03-2009, 10:12 AM
I'm calling tomorrow to get our reservation changed from treehouse to BCV or AKL.I called today and both are open. I figured SSR is our home resort and we will be able to get in the treehouse when we want at 11 months some other time. I can't make up my mind. I've gone through the pros and cons and here they are.

AKL pros...Newer...savannah views of animals...nice kids part of pool
AKL cons...further from parks and other places (although we will have a rental car)

BCV pros...close to EPCOT and DHS....nice pool...things to do with boardwalk close
BCV cons....probably a little more noise....not as new rooms...view isn't as good

Please...Please...Please help me to decide!!

Thanks in advance!!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Personally I'd go for BCV but then again I love that area.

cinderellagrl
10-03-2009, 10:17 PM
My vote would be for AKL. I love BC for beaches and cream, stormalong bay, and the walk to Epcot, but find a stay at AKL to be truly vacation like.

AKL is a destination in its own. There is truly a wow factor when you walk in the lobby, around the grounds, and into your room. I love grabbing a cup of coffee from the Mara in the morning and taking a stroll outside, it's so peaceful.

Wishmaker
10-04-2009, 02:20 PM
My vote would be for AKL. I love BC for beaches and cream, stormalong bay, and the walk to Epcot, but find a stay at AKL to be truly vacation like.

AKL is a destination in its own. There is truly a wow factor when you walk in the lobby, around the grounds, and into your room. I love grabbing a cup of coffee from the Mara in the morning and taking a stroll outside, it's so peaceful.

DITO! :cloud9:

bruin1344
10-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Personally I'd go for BCV but then again I love that area.

I agree, the close walk to Epcot is a major factor for me since I eat most of my dining at World Showcase.

FutureCorpsFan
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM
If you want night time options without having to catch a bus, then BCV is the way to go. You're within walking distance of a ton of great stuff and restaurants.

If you'd rather have a more slower pace and not be in a hurry to get to anywhere quickly, then AKL is the best choice. Remember AKL has two options, Jambo House and Khadani Village which offer two different stays within themselves.