PDA

View Full Version : The Real Report: OKW 9/20 to 9/25—day 2

Carolanne
10-02-2009, 02:12 PM
We decided to slow the pace on this trip, so we slept in until 9 AM most day s (I remember the days when I considered 9 AM to be an EARLY start!).

I have to say: on this trip, we slept in a little more & came back to the room to rest and it seems like it really made a difference. I think because we’ve been to the World so many times, we didn’t feel like we HAD to do anything. We took it at a slow pace & just really enjoyed ourselves.

Anyway…we got ourselves ready & headed over to EPCOT to see what we could get for a TS breakfast, which was an adult breakfast platter at Sunshine Seasons (bacon, sausage, eggs, and a biscuit)—definitely big enough for us to share, so we did (method to the madness: we share a couple of TS meals—which are super-big portions anyway—so we each can have our own TS meals & not have to pay cash for them our last day). We ate our breakfast, headed over to Soarin’ for some FP’s, and then were on our way to explore the World Showcase.

Again, the crowds were pretty much non-existent. We had FP’s for Soarin’ but we really didn’t need them. The heat however…UGH. I broke a sweat just standing there. It didn’t seem especially humid (no more so than usual), but the temperature…SIGH. We hit Germany and split a chocolate covered marshmallow & caramel bar for lunch—the lunch of champions, lol. Ooooh, they had cupcakes in Germany that were to die for. I passed because, well—I had a chocolate covered marshmallow & caramel bar for lunch! We headed back to Soarin’ and were lucky enough to get into the 1st row.

After Soarin’ we headed over to MouseGear (and I amazingly had the self-control to not go on a shopping spree). Then we decided to head back to the room for a little rest. This means we had to start the death march known as “Walking to the OKW bus stop”. O.M.G. This is when you realize being #1 isn’t always a good thing! OKW is bus stop #1 at the Epcot bus depot and it’s definitely a far walk. Of course just as we headed over, our bus had just pulled off. At least we didn’t have to make a run for it, right? We slooooowly walked to our bus stop & waited for the next, which seem to come along very quickly.

After a 2 hour nap in a freezer (mom needed the room cold this trip), we headed over to the MK so we could catch a bus to the Beach Club resort for our ADR’s at the Cape May Buffet. Oh, we really enjoyed this buffet.

I get it—buffets don’t usually yield “great” food, but the choices offered at CMB were very good. I don’t classify myself as a foodie, but I do enjoy trying new foods & I make a point to try different things when in WDW. I tried a little of everything at the buffet, and most things were good, the pork ribs being the exception—not much meat on them at all. The new food I tried this trip—mussels. How did I live this long without ever trying them? I always thought they looked a little gross, but I pushed myself to try them when I saw a 5 y/o a few tables down pretty much making her meal out of them. Very good.

Then it was time for dessert. If I could marry a dessert…SIGH. The Oreo Bonbon –oh, how I love thee! Sooo good. All of the desserts were very good, but the Oreo bonbon was the yummiest (my mom is NOT a chocolate person & even she loved it).

Once dinner was over, we got on the bus to Downtown Disney, window shopped for a little bit, then went back to the room for a good night’s sleep…in a freezer.

KylesMom
10-02-2009, 03:42 PM
You know, our family's Disney vacations changed dramatically once we realized that we didn't need to be running around from the crack of dawn until the stroke of midnight and that it was OK to go back to the room in the afternoon for awhile. You're right, it does make a difference!

How wonderful that the crowds were low today. Cape May is on our "possible" list this next trip - glad to hear good things about it. I couldn't agree more - Disney's Oreo Bonbons are in a class by themselves! Thanks for sharing another day with us - hope the freezer thaws out a bit! :D :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Sounds great...I love mussels too

faline
10-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Those mid-day rests in the room are really a nice break in the day! Sounds like there was some yummy eating this day!

pdrlkr
10-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: