PDA

View Full Version : Week after Easter...how bad will it be? Give it to me straight.

BrerGnat
10-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Okay, so it looks like our first trip to WDW as a family will be happening EITHER the week immediately following Easter or the week after THAT.

We really won't have ANY leeway in this, as we are taking this vacation prior to DH's deployment to Afghanistan next year. He is scheduled (currently) to leave either the last week of April or the first week of May. His unit will get a block leave period of two weeks about 3 weeks PRIOR to the departure date. And, prior to that, he will be in some pretty extensive training (gone from home) for about 6 weeks (Feb-March), so we'll have a VERY small window to work with.

Unfortunately, that window falls right around Easter.

A main goal of this trip is to visit the water parks, so a trip earlier in the year, or even when he gets back in November/December is not really what we want to do.

So, how bad will it really be? As I said, we'll be focusing on water parks, and mostly the parks OTHER than Magic Kingdom, as we visit Disneyland so often that we want to show our boys Disney's "other half", and focus on Epcot and AK, mainly.

Anyone who has gone at this time of the year and can offer advice?

Also, is two weeks after Easter significantly better than the week immediately following Easter, crowd and weather wise?

sacandjac
10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
BrerGnat

I've never been at this time, but I did look up the crowd levels for you on touringplans.com. I have always had pretty good luck with their predictions. The highest crowd level is a 10. Here they are:

Monday April 5, 2010-Monday after Easter through Sunday, April 11, 2010- crowd level of 9 everyday.

Monday, April 12, 2010-Friday, April 16, 2010-crowd level of 8 on these days. Saturday the 17th and Sunday the 18th-crowd level of 7.

Monday, April 19th, 2010-Sunday, April 25, 2010 crowd levels range from 5's-7's.

Hope this helps. No matter what hope ya'll have a great time!!:thumbsup:

jax86
10-02-2009, 05:53 PM
MY friends went one year easter week and by 12:00 noon some of the parks were no longer letting people in due to crowds. I would say the further away from easter the better. I'm going the 28th, hoping it's quiet by then.:)

Ksmith75
10-02-2009, 06:58 PM
For the past 3 years we went the last 5 days of april / first 5 of may. It is a great time to go. Even this past year when there was the 4/3 promo - it was busier but not too bad at all. The wait time for rides in the morning are just a few minutes. We love that time of the year - great weather, not too busy! We are going next year at the time too....we will love that time of the year at WDW....