PDA

View Full Version : Need info for friends using my points

disneycouple2004
10-02-2009, 04:06 AM
I found alot of good info, however i need to find the exact process ( DVC) so i can allow my friends to stay on my points this coming summer. I want to be sure its done correctly so there are no problems for them or me, and to be sure its done exactly as DVC requires.

Thanks a million !!!
:D

DVC Mike
10-02-2009, 06:48 AM
You just call DVC Member Services and book the reservation and give your friend's name(s) and addresses. Simple as that.

If they want Magical Express, you'll need to note that. Same for the DDP (you add it and they pay for it when they check-in).

Your friends will buy their own park tickets and book their own ADRs.

CanadianWDWFan
10-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Just like DVCMike said. We rented points off our friends and all they did was call Member Services and gave our info to them. It couldn't be easier.

Also the reservation paper work will be mailed to you. It will have your friends name on it as well as yours, since it is your points they are using, so all you have to do is just give it to them.

disneycouple2004
10-07-2009, 04:47 AM
It really is that easy !! wow..i expected more than that...:D

thanks again

Jeffybob
10-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Yes, it is just that easy.

Just call them up DVC member reservations, give them your people's info, name, address and the # of people staying in the room, and the confirmation will be sent to you, as the member, at your home address.

You can also add the dining plan on to the reservation for them if they want it. NOTE: It needs to be added prior to their arrival. They cannot choose to add it at check in.

After you receive the confirmation, you jsut send them the confirmation with their name on it and they use it to check in by providing their CC.

If they have the DDP on the reservation, it will be charged up front, at check in. All other charges will be posted and presented to them under their door, the night prior to their departure for their review.

If nothing has changed since we were just there (10/3), their room key should actually reflect "DVC" and they should also qualify for the 10% discount on select dining establishments if they do not use the DDP however, I would highly recommend they get at least the minimum level $39.99 DDP (for adults); you cannot beat that deal. At least that is what happened with the rooms I reserved for our traveling party last week using my points.

It is pretty seamless.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98) :mickey:

2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
2008 - BWV (2)
2007 - BWV
2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
2005 - HH, BWV (2)
2003 - BWV
2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
2000 - BWV
1999 - BWV, HH, VB