PDA

View Full Version : le cellier or tepan edo

stitchaholic
10-01-2009, 02:30 PM
I am trying to decide on my ADR's (i can call on monday).
I can't decide between tepan edo or le cellier, help me please ???

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-01-2009, 02:46 PM
I've never been to Teppon Edo, but you can't go wrong with LeCellier...its delish:)

tmosier
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Le Cellier!

SBETigg
10-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Teppan Edo. We always have more fun there and we enjoy the food. Le Cellier is not bad either, but not a favorite for us.

vicster
10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
We ate at Teppan Edo earlier this month for the first time. My husband's steak was grizzly and tough and my chicken was dry. They are crossed off our list for future trips.

NJGIRL
10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
We like Teppan Edo alot more than LeCellier. Not only was our meal there very good but it was also very entertaining.

CanadianWDWFan
10-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Another vote for Teppan Edo!:thumbsup: IMHO Le Cellier is an overrated steak house.

Teppan Edo is an entertaining dinner. Our boys 11 and 5 love going there. Both of them actually enjoy the food as well.

BIGDOG
10-01-2009, 07:21 PM
We like Teppan Edo alot more than LeCellier. Not only was our meal there very good but it was also very entertaining.

What do you mean by entertaining ?

nyobabe2
10-01-2009, 08:17 PM
What do you mean by entertaining ?

It's hibachi, so you sit around the grill while the chef cooks for you. He does various little things through out the dinner. eg: make an onion volcano, throw food to you to catch in your mouth etc....

We did this on trip and it was very good, our Thanksgiving trip though we are trying Le Cellier, heard too many good things about to pass it up!

SurferStitch
10-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Boy, that's tough....we dine at both every trip.

We've always had excellent food and service at both.

Le Cellier - wonderful filet, cheese soup and Trois Pistoles beer.

Teppan Edo - also wonderful filet and seafood (I always get a combo) that's always perfectly cooked. Never had anything but perfectly lean beef and fresh seafood.

I would say if you've never been to a hibachi style restaurant before, go with Teppan Edo.

If you want more of an intimate, plated meal, go with Le Cellier.

Sorry I couldn't give a cut and dry answer. :blush:

wdwnomad
10-01-2009, 10:23 PM
LeCellier gets my vote. Although I have only done Teppan Edo once I didn't really care for it. It was entertaining and something different but the food was alright at best. LeCellier has never disappointed me.

g8rgirl29
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
We just did both. Teppan Edo is a good show and good meal. It is very noisy though and hard if you have small children you need to help out throughout the meal. We really enjoyed it though. It felt pretty rushed. I don't know if I would go out of my way to do it again as the show at our Hibachi restaurant in town is actually much better.
LeCellier was one of the best meals we had while in Disney. From people I talked to though they said it is only worth it if you are going for Dinner. It was also one of the ONLY restaurants where we didn't feel like they were trying to rush us out the door. The Filet Mignon with wild mushroom risotto was awesome!!! This restaurant will be on our must do from now on!!

motherof4
10-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I would choose Le Cellier the food is wonderful especially the cheddar cheese soup and the filet minon you could cut it with a butter knife

stitchaholic
10-02-2009, 11:25 AM
has anyone tried the salt rubbed prime rib at le cellier ?

bruin1344
10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
either one is a good selection

i like lecellier's food a little bid better

the hibachi style cooking at teppan edo makes it fun spot to eat

another criteria with selecting is if you prefer steakhouse or japanese cuisine

DizNee143
10-02-2009, 03:32 PM
both are really good..but i would pick Teppan Edo..
we absolutely LOVE it there!!
its a good meal and a good fun..

but you really cant go wrong with either choice..

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-02-2009, 04:29 PM
has anyone tried the salt rubbed prime rib at le cellier ?

My mother says its the best prime rib she's ever eaten....