PDA

View Full Version : Mad Twin Holiday – Day 4 Part 1 Animal Kingdom

Dragongirlx
10-01-2009, 10:57 AM
7th – 14th September
Cast – Me (Dragongirlx) and my Twin Sister (Jeniflower)

Today was a busy day. First up it was off to MK to have breakfast at the crystal palace. This is the first time we have done this. Can I say this was truly excellent. The food was brilliant, out server was fantastic and the character interaction was the best. Magical moment when Jeniflower met Eeyore and he kissed her hand before giving her a great big hug.
Then it was off to get the bus to Animal Kingdom. First up we headed to the safari which was great. Saw Lions, Giraffes, Elephants, Rhinos and Cheetahs.
The over to EE for 2 or 3 rides. I love this the yeti was as scary as always.
After that we went to Kali River rapids. First time I got a bit wet but Jeniflower stayed mostly dry so on we go again. This time I got even more wet and Jeniflower go a bit damp. She did complain she didn’t get wet enough !!!!
Then we wandered over to Dinosaur. This ride terrifies Jeniflower but she insists we go on it once. Excellent picture of Jeniflower curled into a ball cringing into me at the end Carnosaurus bit but for some reason she wouldn’t let me get it.
Decided to go for lunch at this point so over to Flame tree barbeque. Got the pork roll and onion rings. The onion rings were yummy but the roll was a little dry – still tasty though. At this point it started to rain, and rain and rain and rain. Even the ducks were coming into the sheltered areas to get out of it. Stayed were we were for a while then decided to brave it and go see its tough to be a bug. By the time we get out the rain is easing so we look around the shops for a while and then find a spot near Africa for the parade. This is one of the best parades I have seen. The colours and the dancing and the interaction. Every character came up to us or the people next to us.
After this its back to the hotel to get some rest before MNSSHP

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Sounds like a great start to the day, even with the rain!

BelleKP
10-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I too love the Jungle Jammin' Parade at AK. Love the music and characters!
:mickey:

faline
10-02-2009, 03:56 PM
A couple of yummy places to eat! Can't wait to read about the party!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Sounds like a good day

pdrlkr
10-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

ChipDale
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm happy to read such a positive review of the Crystal Palace breakfast - we're doing that next month. Thanks again for sharing. :mickey: