PDA

View Full Version : Fall Weather

ShelbyAD
10-01-2009, 08:47 AM
I am so glad that it is finally getting cooler out. The highs are in the low 70s and the lows are in the upper 40s. Great sleeping weather!! :cloud9:

Anyone else welcoming the cooler weather?

SBETigg
10-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Not really. We had been enjoying the weather you have now. But here in MA, it has dropped down to the 50s with frost advisories and near-freezing temps at night. Not my favorite, but I'm okay with it now. Soon, it's going to get so much colder here and I'll really be whining. Enjoy your lovely temps!

vicster
10-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Fall weather here in Chicago, too! We were in WDW two weeks ago and the heat and humidity really beat me this year and I was looking forward to fall weather. However, January will be a different story...

Enjoy it while we can!

Jeri
10-01-2009, 09:22 AM
We have been getting much colder too.
Nights in mid to upper 30's and daytime highs sometimes in 60's.

Today is very cold and rain. I think the rain makes it feel colder. I do like fall. Actually I like now till January and then it starts to get old.:mad:

ShelbyAD
10-01-2009, 09:23 AM
I went to WDW with my mother & sister in Nov 2007. The weather was great!! The hottest it got was 78 :thumbsup: I wore short sleeves all week.

DizNee143
10-01-2009, 10:16 AM
i LOVE the fall weather..its starting to get fall like here in jersey where i live...
it definitely beats the heat and humdity i left in disney last week!! lol..
i love this time of year with the weather and all the holidays!! :D

Magic Smiles
10-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Personally I am still waiting for summer as ours was rotten, cool and rainy. Our only summer was when we were in Vegas and California for 3 weeks in August. Today is a whopping 39 with a high of 46. With an added touch of more rain.

DVC2004
10-01-2009, 01:28 PM
I love fall, but our summer was awful. It was not hot at all. We never even got to the pool!
However this week it's been in the low 60's and it's been nice. I am happy to turn the air off and air out the house a little. This weekend we are heading to my friend's vacation home a few hours west of us and looking forward to enjoying the hot tub in the crisp coolness!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-01-2009, 09:43 PM
I don't know if it's just because I didn't feel good today (hopefully just a cold) but I was freezing all day today. I had the space heater on, the heating pad on, wearing a sweat suit and a blanket over me. And I was still cold! I am NOT looking forward to winter! We really didn't get much of a summer this year either.

beksy
10-02-2009, 08:35 AM
We had plenty of summer for me, but I'm on meds so it always seems hotter to me than it is. I am loving this weather! Fall is my favorite season--great temps, beautiful foilage, and lots of fun festivals. The weather now is about perfect and lets me open up the windows which my kitty loves too. :cat:

barbiegirl314
10-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Considering that we didn't have much of a summer here in Mass. I am not happy at all about the cool weather. I feel like I just put away my sweaters and now I'm having to take them out again.:(

DisneyDog
10-07-2009, 08:26 PM
It is perfect here in the Philly suburbs! Cooler temps, trees starting to change. The past weekend it was warm in the 70s. Now it's light jacket weather. Cooler at night, perfect for comfy sleeping. I love to come home and put on a cozy sweatsuit and cuddle up with the warm pets. I bought some apple cider the other day, as it just seemed right. I love fall!

My only complaint is that this year, allergies seem to be worse than ever. Ugh.

SurferStitch
10-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the cooler, dryer days, even though I miss wearing my summer sandals (I don't care for boots and winter shoes). I also hate packing away my summer tops, so some of them get recycled into layering pieces under jackets and cardigans. I do keep wearing some of my more "fuller coverage" sandals up until December, though. :secret: My feet just never get cold.

I also love fall because that's either the time we go to WDW, or are getting ready for a December trip!! :cloud9:

Tinkerfreak
10-08-2009, 07:38 AM
I love fall here in Maine because the foliage is breathtaking. I love sitting on my deck with a cup of coffee and seeing the beautiful colors with Mt. Washington in the background.

I also don't mind when it starts to cool off because it always makes me even more excited to be headed to Disney and the warmth. :blush:

I know it is time to start packing for Disney when I can no longer wear my sandals to run errands without having to turn on the heat in the car to warm up my feet! :D

amd780
10-12-2009, 07:27 PM
We're just starting to see fall weather in central NC. The colors on the trees are less vibrant here, but I'm starting to see oranges, yellows and purples along my route between home & work. I had to turn the heat on in the house for the 1st time this season when I got home today. The start of fall always gets me excited for the coming of the Holidays - even if it is only mid-October! :D

Dopey's Girl
10-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Summer skipped us (I think we only had like 3 days in the 90's) and Fall whipped on thru too. It snowed on Saturday, and nearly all day today (thankfully it isn't sticking on roads). :thedolls:

I'm just so not ready for the winter yet...why I still live here in fridgid MN is beyond me!

Jeri
10-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Summer skipped us (I think we only had like 3 days in the 90's) and Fall whipped on thru too. It snowed on Saturday, and nearly all day today (thankfully it isn't sticking on roads). :thedolls:

I'm just so not ready for the winter yet...why I still live here in fridgid MN is beyond me!

I agree with you. Now this morning it is very cold. If my husband didn't plow snow I would be begging to move. I always tell him if I win the lottery he can stay in Minnesota, but I am not.

bucky at disney
10-13-2009, 09:22 AM
It snowed all day here too. And to top things off - DS had to play a football game last night that just happened to go into 4 overtimes! I am just hoping the temps moderate in the next few weeks....DH was whining about wanting to somewhere warm on vacation already yesterday - don't want to have to listen to that all winter.

Lizzy
10-13-2009, 10:16 AM
It rained almost every day this summer, we could hardly do anything! Now that we are having sunny days (but still in the upper 80s low 90s) it is getting to be horrible mosquito time (they try to get it all in before the cold) and the time change is coming and it will be dark by the time I get home.

Little angry with the weather pattern this year :mad: