PDA

View Full Version : Hopper + Worth it?

d_m_n_n
09-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I am getting ready to order our tickets for December and considering the options. I will probably get the 10 days with no expiration since I have family that has recently moved to the area. I am thinking DSs would really enjoy Disney Quest, but I don't know if we would ever use it for 10 days. Should I bother with adding it to the tickets, or just spend the admission cost for one day? What are your thoughts? :)

sisterdisco
09-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Your title said Hopper, but you mentioned Disney Quest.
You can get the Water Park and more option which would give you entry to Disney Quest and the Water Parks.
The Park Hopper is a separate fee. Personally, I don't think the Park Hopper is worth it unless you are on the Dining Plan and will be eating in parks.....You end up spending so much time traveling between parks.
How old is DS? There are some cool games there, but as a 40yo, I could skip it.....My boys 11 and 13 like it, but it can be crowded. I would not spend the extra money just for Disney Quest, but since you get admission w/ the Water Park and more option, (and we love the water parks), we make a quick trip to make the boys happy.

Disney4us2
09-30-2009, 08:34 PM
The first visit we had the hopper and more to include the water parks... never used it. Second visit we skipped the more part and just got park hopper tickets. It just wasn't worth it for us to get the extras. If we wanted to go I would just pay the admission for that day.

We will park hop evry visit. Love to dine at Epcot :) It all really depends on what meets your needs.

Have a great trip.:mickey:

Gracie'sMom
09-30-2009, 09:04 PM
December can be fairly crowded so Park Hopping may not be worth it. You would spend more time navigating the crowds and waiting for trans between parks than it was worth. I have done both and enjoyed focusing on one park per day. It was more relaxing than trying to rush from park to park.:mickey:

1DisneyNut
09-30-2009, 09:07 PM
We stopped getting the park hopper option as well as the no expiration several years ago. The no expiration is way over priced now. We do not park hop at all. We plan a park for each day and the day we go to Animal Kingdom we go to Downtown afterward to eat. Sometimes we do get the waterpark and more option added on during our stay depending on the weather while we are there. Keep in mind you can buy a basic ticket and then add the other options on at guest services during your stay if you decide you need them. That is what I would recommend.

John
09-30-2009, 09:21 PM
To me - the hopper (not the hopper plus) is worth it. If MK is crowded, I want the freedom to head to epcot. Even on a crowded day, epcot because of it's size is a better place to be than a packed MK.

Plus depending on park hours, I may spend the morning and afternoon in the Studios and then hop a boat over to EPCOT for closing.

It's all about flexibility, and to me, it's worth the extra bucks to have it.

Your Mileage May Vary ;)

g8rgirl29
09-30-2009, 09:25 PM
I think it is worth it. I love the freedom that the park hopper provides. We usually do the water park and more option also but we really enjoy hitting the water parks in Sept.

Live4WDW
09-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Park hopper/ water park and more. Well, for DW and I during our past Aug (09) visit we had elected to have both. We hopped around all the parks fairly well, so we enjoyed the freedom to pick and choose where we wanted to be whenever we wanted to. That ability is well worth the extra $. Water park and more option is all right. I had a horrible time in disney quest with all the noise, this was even with my ear plugs in. We left in just a few minutes. We did however also do Typhoon Lagoon, so that was worth it. Just paying for two tickets to the water park is just a little under the $105.00 price tag we have to pay for the water park and more option. So with a 7 day stay it's sort've crazy to not have it for us especially since there is a good chance we will go more than once:D Good luck on your choice.

seanyred
09-30-2009, 10:46 PM
I vote for hopper. I like the freedom of being able to go where I want. Or what we will do sometimes is start the day off at DHS go back and relax at the hotel then head to MK or EPCOT or whatever combo you would like.

Also if you are staying on property and have extra magic hours and want to attend them but don't have hopper then you are stuck going to that park all day. (unless I'm wrong about this feel free to correct me)

As for Disney Quest I could live without it and I'm one that enjoys video games...but if your going to the water parks then it is worth it.

DisneyPrincess21
10-01-2009, 12:52 AM
I vote for park hopper also. We always get it on our tickets as well as the no exp. I like the freedom to be able to switch between parks if i need/want to. We always park hop our last day so we can see all of our favorite's one last time, then close out at whichever park has the latest hours.

gueli
10-01-2009, 01:48 AM
It all depends on your situation.

to start- yes to park hoppers. As PP have said flexibility is the key.

No expiration option - I used to use this, but stopped many years ago. While initally it can save money (and it does as long as you use it), I found that the hassles of keeping track of the tickets, how many days were left- what I needed for this particular trip... can it save you - yes it can.

If you choose the no expiration option, than yes, get the water parks and more option. Who knows when you will return- it could e summer & going to the water parks might be right for you- and as far as disney quest- I found it fun. there were things for us big kids to do, but I would never had paid for it seperatly.

in my upcoming trip, Early dec, I am getting just park hopper option, as I do not see us using anything else.
:mickey:

wdwfansince75
10-01-2009, 08:32 AM
We are incurable hoppers....but the OP seemed to be focused on the "and More" option....When we went in Dec, the parks closed earlier than we are used to, and several of the family did several evenings at DQ...We were using Stars and Stripes passes (the length of stay passes from SoG) for all, and at that time, the S&S included DQ and the Water Parks. On more recent trips, the S&S tickets cost more than basic tickets with PH, so we typically do basic plus PH, and those family members who want to do a day at the water parks, or a night at DQ just pay for a one day admission. Other than the December trip, none of us has done more than one visit to DQ or the Water Parks.

Note that you can upgrade a ticket at anytime up to 14 days from first use. Suggest you order base tickets, and make decision to upgrade (or not) when you are actually there.

RedSoxFan
10-01-2009, 08:52 AM
The first trip we got the park hopper plus. The kids loved Disney Quest and went a couple of times. So we bought it for the second trip and they lasted one hour and couldn't wait to leave. Too crowded and noisy. So we did only the park hopper on our last trip. I, personally, love the option to hop park to park --- which we did quite often last year.

SBETigg
10-01-2009, 09:24 AM
I always park hop. It's more than worth it to us. But as I understand your question, you're not asking if hopping is worth it, but if adding the Plus is worth it. In that case, I say you would have to use more than DisneyQuest to justify the cost, but also you would need to plan a visit or more to the water parks as well, or more than one visit to DQ. Otherwise, if we're talking just one visit to DQ, I think it would be more cost-effective to just pay that at the time of visit instead of adding the cost to your tickets.

ajpa
10-01-2009, 02:43 PM
We're going in Dec too!
My kids are determined to go to DisneyQuest, but I doubt if we will go more than once, so I think we will just pay for a one time admission. (Since we won't do waterparks).

If you are saying you will be back in WDW after Dec because you have family in the area (hence the no expiry), you could probably visit DQ more than once.

NJGIRL
10-01-2009, 03:14 PM
We got the hopper pass the first couple of trips. We used it the first trip and found we wasted too much time going back and forth from the parks. The second trip we had it but never used it. After the second trip we never bought it again, we don't miss it plus save money to boot.

When we go to Disney Quest we just pay for that ticket on the day that we go.

So IMO No to the hopper and No to the extra options.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
10-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I have so many Pluses left from old passes that it will take me a long time to use them all. I'd just pay out of pocket to go to DisneyQuest if that's all you are going to do.
However, I would definitely get the Hopper option. I don't usually stay in one park for the whole day. We usually hop over to a park that is open later. I've even gone to all 4 parks in one day!

disneykid@hrt
10-01-2009, 08:54 PM
You might as well if you know you'll be visiting again. The Water Parks are endless fun and DQ is always good on crummy days, or the night you arrive.:mickey:

TinksGoofyMom
10-02-2009, 05:51 PM
My family loves the park hopper. We start out at 1 park in the morning and have lunch there.
Mid afternoon we head back to the resort for a
nap or pool time. We get ready for dinner and
an evening out. Sometimes they're the same park, sometimes not. I actually have a scheduele for the whole week but I leave times to go back to things we couldn't get there at the
designated time. In the hotter months, MK is
scorching during the day but perfect at night. we have gone to MK 3 or 4 nites after a day somewhere else. If you have young kids, the
park hopper is great for naps and adjusting to little temperments.

SandmanGStefani24
10-03-2009, 11:54 PM
my 2nd trip we had them, and used the heck out of em. However, every trip since I have not hopped and saved the cash.

Here's my outlook. I love to spend a whole day at each park. It's the best way to see a park IMO. You can take your time and see all of what it has to offer. The only argument for hopping I can see is if an attraction you want to see/do/ride is down, or just too crowded for you to get to it you can return another day. This has yet to happen my last two trips, though so you can use either option and have a great time. Hope my insight helps a little...

DisneyFr33k
10-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Our first trip, they were offering the water parks and more free, so we tried it plus having the park hopper. Frankly, we don't hop much. We plan our table service dining near the park we plan to visit and the last visit we had with the hopper, we didn't use it at all. Disney Quest - we've done it twice and I don't think it is worth it as my DS and DH (big time video game junkies) said twice was more tha enough.

Just our families opinions though. You have to do what fits for your family.