PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Vista Hotel

JabberJaws
09-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Let me preface this by saying 99% of the time I stay in a WDW Resort :mickey:. Having said that, my wife and I are going on a Disney Cruise in February. Cruise is Sunday - Thursday, so we are just going to make a week of it and stay Thursday, Friday and Sat. nights near property and hit up the parks.

I am just looking for a place to lay my head that is close to property. Found the Orlando Vista Hotel (brightly colored hotel on 535). They have a deal for $62/night w/ the third night free, so essentially $41/night. Hard to beat that.

Anyone know anything about that hotel?

Anyone know of other quality nearby hotels that have comparable deals?

Thanks!!

ilvdisney
09-30-2009, 06:50 PM
We stayed here for one night in August 2009. The room was fine but it was an extremely crowded hotel - very loud. The pool was packed every time I looked. The elevators were extremely slow and none of the ice machines worked on any floor (we tried every single one) I didn't use the shuttle service but looking at the schedule it only made trips to certain parks at certain times - I seem to remember only one drop off and one pick up time at Animal Kingdom in particular. We drove and the parking area was scary - not well lit at all and far away from the lobby. I think you may be disappointed having stayed on Disney property so many times but for the price it probably is worth the hassles!

sisterdisco
09-30-2009, 08:22 PM
The SpringHill Suites Little Lake Bryan (just off 535), is very clean and nice and has an extensive hot breakfast buffet. There is a decent food court there. We got a rate of $89 per night in August, and you got a $25 room credit per night w/ that rate----so it was like paying $64/n

JabberJaws
10-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the replies! I just checked on the spring hill suites and it is coming in at $152/night as the best rate (that is the AAA discounted rate). I think most places in the area have their rates jacked up during that time, much like the Disney Resorts. Main reason we aren't staying on prop is that the WDW resorts are in their Peak rate period during late february (we are looking at the 25-28).

I am thinking that the rate at the Orlando Vista hotel may be the best rate we are going to find for a decent hotel that is that close to the parks.

My parents stayed there and did tell me it was noisy, but we are mostly just looking for a place to sleep at night, not planning on using the pool or hanging out at the hotel much, so noise/crowds at the hotel isn't a big deal.