PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day

Mackflava99
09-30-2009, 10:19 AM
My family and i had been nursing a little abandoned kitten and it died yesterday.

One day in our backyard we found a mother and 4 newborn kittens, unexpectantly about 2 days later, the mom left and only took 3.
The last one was left crying , we igured the mother left it because it was sick.

We brought it to our vet, but he said the kitten was totally fine. He told us how to care for it with a dropper etc.

So for about 10 days we nursed it, using special formula and a dropper, My wife and i took turns feeding it ever 3 hours. we kept it warm and it ( we were not sure if it was a boy or girl yet) was really beginning to know who we were.
it opened its eyes on Friday and was really doing well. ,. Then Sunday, it seemed listless,

We brought it back to the vet and he said it had phnuemonia, kittens can get it quickly because they dont generate their own heat.
This was a diferent vet ( there are 2 in the ofice) he said we should have had a hot water bottle in its bed. But the first vet just said to keep it warm and fill a box with blankets and sweaters to let it burrow in... obvioulsy his advice was wrong.

We did our best but failed. It was so cute. I guess i get too attached t animals. But i feel so bad. It deserved to live.
My kids are heartbroken too.

SBETigg
09-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Very sad. But you did a noble job of trying to help the little kitten live. I'm sorry for your loss.

sassy2000
09-30-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm so sorry. I am a huge animal lover also and would be very upset also. You tried your best to help him though.

DVC2004
09-30-2009, 12:03 PM
I am so sorry! :( Thank you for taking such good care of that kitten. It was very lucky to have your lvoe and care, even for a short while. You are a truly compassionate person. You did absolutely everything you could have.

My mother has taken in several homeless
kitties over the years and nursed them. I know it's just not fair. We always got so attached to our "adopted" kitties too.

mrsgaribaldi
10-17-2009, 07:53 AM
I am so sorry. You helped the little one to live longer than he would have and you gave him a chance. He was comfortable and I'm sure he felt the love from your family. I know it hurts no matter how short or long a time you have them. I don't think you failed him. I think his mother knew he wasn't going to make it and that's why he was left behind. At least you made him happy. :hug:

RenDuran
10-17-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry I didn't see this until today.

I'm glad you guys did everything you could for the kitten. The world needs more people like you! I'm very sad that he didn't make it. You tried your best and I'm sure the little kitten knew that he had a great mom and dad caring for him.