PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Over By Nov 10?

Granny Jill A
09-29-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm wondering if the Free Dining offer is over by the time I visit in November? I'll be there from Nov 10 to Nov 14 and I would like to at least try get a reservation for some of the table service places.

Thanks!

BMan62
09-29-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't know if it will be over by then or not, although with the offers until the end of the year, I suspect not.

You really should have already booked your table service restaurants. You are well within the 90 day margin. Even without the 'Free DDP' offers it will be difficult to book the more popular restaurants at this point.

Granny Jill A
09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
You really should have already booked your table service restaurants. You are well within the 90 day margin. Even without the 'Free DDP' offers it will be difficult to book the more popular restaurants at this point.

I'm traveling with a VERY picky sister :) so I can't really book ahead. I never know what she's going to want. Last time we went, she didn't want any sit-down meals because it was too much food. She tended to get a sandwich and pick-pick-pick on it. Not sure what her complaints will be this time :D:D.

I thought if the free dining option was done, it MIGHT be possible to arrange for a sit-down meal at least once. Oh well....

laprana
09-29-2009, 02:07 PM
I know that the free dining lasts into December, and I'm pretty sure the end date for it is Dec. 17. Hope this helps! :mickey:

Strmchsr
09-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Last time we went, she didn't want any sit-down meals because it was too much food. She tended to get a sandwich and pick-pick-pick on it.

As noted, the "free" dining promotion goes through December so ADRs will be extremely hard to get. However, if that's the way your sister eats then just go OOP and skip the DDP or possibly get the counter service DDP instead of the full version. Might be less headaches/frustration for you.

tesslor
09-29-2009, 05:47 PM
We will be in the world Nov 9th- 18th and we got the free dining package. I made my ADRs last week and it was already a squeeze.

coloradowendyl
09-29-2009, 06:11 PM
The Fall Free dining promotion was for check in dates up to Dec.17.

Wendy

ransam
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I thought that although the promotion goes through until December, last sunday was the last time you could make a reservation and have the free dining pacakge. is that true?

DisneyBarb
09-29-2009, 10:14 PM
I just booked last week for our trip Nov 13 - 19th and we are on free dining and we had good luck with our reservations.. I think if you are flexible with your times you may be okay (ie late lunch/early dinner etc). Good luck!

coloradowendyl
09-29-2009, 11:10 PM
I thought that although the promotion goes through until December, last sunday was the last time you could make a reservation and have the free dining pacakge. is that true?

Booking for the offer ended on Sept.26.

Wendy

lockedoutlogic
09-30-2009, 09:10 AM
It's gonna be difficult to do much walk up/ "picky eating" type activities by the time you get there....

most restaurants fill up in advance now....and when the computer says "full"...the workers (especially hostesses...who are not part of the tip pool) tend to now put the blinders on and don't even really bother to put walk ins through....because it doesn't mean anything to them...

thank Disney...for making my dining wishes come true!!!:mickey: ...aka having to book a table at the plaza pavilion 85 days out:thumbsup:

Granny Jill A
09-30-2009, 01:47 PM
thank Disney...for making my dining wishes come true!!!:mickey: ...aka having to book a table at the plaza pavilion 85 days out:thumbsup:

I agree with you - my previous trips (before Free Dining) were a lot less stressful.

Thanks to all for the info. I love my sis, but she is a trip when it comes to eating. I would be taking a huge risk booking some place and then having her sit there while I eat. ;)

jnfr2424
09-30-2009, 05:24 PM
the way your sister eats then just go OOP and skip the DDP or possibly get the counter service DDP instead of the full version. Might be less headaches/frustration for you.
I agree I am going Thanksgiving week and ADR's was beyond a headache
You never stated if you booked your trip yet since the free dining period ended last week

Granny Jill A
10-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I agree I am going Thanksgiving week and ADR's was beyond a headache
You never stated if you booked your trip yet since the free dining period ended last week

I booked it some time ago, but I was playing with the idea of trying to get at least one nice table service meal. Sometimes two people CAN luck out and walk in early, but I'm certainly not going to count on it :)