PDA

View Full Version : Mad Twin Holiday - Day 3 Hollywood studios

Dragongirlx
09-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Trip: 7th to 14th September
Cast : Myself (Dragongirlx) and Twin Sister (Jeniflower)

Actually made it for the opening. Something I have never done before. They did a little show about it all being in a movie which was funny. Especially as some of the crowd tried to avoid getting involved and were bullied into it. Remember when in Disney join in or they just might make you.
Then its straight off to TSM. Got some fast passes after the obligatory wait for the guy with all his 10 family member tickets and no idea how to use the machine. Then jumped in the standby line. Wasn’t too bad only had to wait 10 minutes. Managed to get a better score than the evil twin but one of the games wasn’t working properly or it would have been higher.
After that it’s off to ToT. I love this ride, unfortunately we were put in with a family who thought they were hilarious and spent the whole time making jokes about being sick and stuff like that. Not quietly either. However once off raced round for another go and had a much better experience.
RNR next. I am a huge Aerosmith fan so I love this and the shop is cool. Then it was back to TSM for fast pass time. Jeniflower beat me this time but at least it was all working and we had a really good time.
Went on the back lot tour which is ok but needs updating. But saw they are advertising a new tinkerbell movie which my 5 year old niece is going to love.
Then Star Tours which had the added benefit of two storm troopers outside the door. They were waiting to go on stage for the jedi academy but quite happy to pose for pictures while thy are waiting. After this its muppets also a big favourite.
Lunch is at one of my favourite restaurants – Mamma Melrose. Calamari to start – so yummy could eat mountains of this. Slight niggle the mains were brought out before we finished our starter. I had wood grilled chicken and polenta – it was lovely the polenta especially. Jeni had the chicken flatbread which was ok but you can get in pretty much any Italian restaurant back here. We are pretty full so no dessert.
After lunch Indiana Jones. I get picked to be on stage by virtue of screaming my lungs out. I did this a couple of years ago but its still fun to get picked. The people picked with me were all really nice although one couple chicken out and run away before we get on stage.
After that it’s the animation courtyard which is also a first. The learn to draw a character bit is closed for refurbishment but the rest is great. Loads of characters including Pluto, Minnie, stitch and the dog from UP. Got in the line for Stitch. I had earlier bought an Angel stuffed toy so when Stitch saw it he was so happy but I had to fight to get it back and he blew her kisses when we were leaving. Do a few more things and then we decide to head off to Epcot of the rest of the evening. Jeni is happy cause we catch off kilter again and Jamie is back.
Tomorrow is a busy day – crystal palace for breakfast (a first), then animal kingdom, then is MNSSHP in the evening.

KylesMom
09-29-2009, 09:21 AM
You two hit some of my favorite attractions, followed by Mama Melrose which I love. Isn't it fun to be part of the Indy Jones show? :D Great way to end the evening - at EPCOT!

Looking forward to reading more! :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Oh, it sounds like you had so much fun:D

faline
09-29-2009, 06:35 PM
You continue to cram much into your days! Thanks for taking us along with you!

stitchaholic
09-29-2009, 07:04 PM
thanks for the report, i will have to try the screaming my lungs out to get picked!
I also love calimari and will definitly pickit next trip!

princessgirls
10-01-2009, 03:02 PM
You girls travel and tour well together. Another great day and you got to see Jamie in "Off Kilter".

A top ten in my opinion.

Julie:mickey:

BelleKP
10-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed Mamma Melrose . . . I loved that you said 'niggle', something my dad used to say all the time :D
Again you got a lot done. I'll have to get to WDW in Sep. some time, low crowds must rock!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
10-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

ChipDale
10-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Remember when in Disney join in or they just might make you.

LOL - so very true! :laughing: Great day - thanks again for sharing. :mickey: