PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

Dakota Rose
09-28-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't know if this should have been here or in Accomodations, but here goes.

With the new buy 4 get 3 offer, we're considering bumping up to a Mod from a Value (never stayed at one before).

The cost to upgrade to a Mod is about the same as it would be to pay for flight conveniences like assigned seats, priority booking and checked luggage on Allegiant.

I just don't know which is the better choice. Our group includes me, DH, DS5 and DD18mo who will need a pack-n-play.

What would you do and why?

stitchaholic
09-28-2009, 09:57 PM
at the same time of year,with the same offer,we did upgrade to CSR,and loved it.
queen size beds,an amazing slide and pool,hot tubs and busses that always seem to be there and are never crowded.

momof3boysinTN
09-28-2009, 10:21 PM
We really like POR it is only a 10 or 15 minute bus ride to anywhere.....buses usually on time and usually plenty of busses during peak times so you arent waiting out in a crowd forver.... the food court is nicer than the values where we have stayed. The main pool is nicer and has a slide. the quite pools are nice for a quick dip or while washing clothes etc. the rooms are several square feet larger to accomadate the portacrib. Also we love the curtained off dressing area seperate from the bath for added privacy. I am sure I could think of more reasons. But these are the ones I use everytime to justify the extra cost. POR has become our Disney home. :mickey:

Dakota Rose
09-28-2009, 10:38 PM
We usually stay at Mods. POR is my fave too but want to try something different. Maybe CBR.

But, my question really is this:
If you were me, would you sacrifice all the airline add-ons and their associated fees (checked luggage, priority boarding, etc) so you could upgrade from a Value to a Mod?

stitchaholic
09-28-2009, 10:46 PM
definitly, the flight is only a few hours,the stay is a much longer time to think about being more relaxed,and i definitly find that you can be more relaxed at a mod.