PDA

View Full Version : IS IT CHRISTMAS YET? 11/3/09 to 11/10/09

BIGDOG
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Is anything decorated or any Christmas related activity going on from 11/3 to 11/10 need to know if resorts or parks are decorated at that time. hOW ARE THE CROWDS THEN ALSO THANKS

snuggs30
09-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Wooohooo I will be there then also! Last year the christmas decorations where up at the kingdom for the christmas party! Resorts were not up yet. It will probably be a little crowded that week but not insane! Have a blast!

snuggs30
09-28-2009, 07:12 PM
oh yeah and epcot was too.

jnfr2424
09-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Holiday decorations go up right after Halloween in fact the day you leave (Nov 10) is the first MVMCP and the Osbourne Lights begin. As far as the crowds it might be crowded due to I think that it might be Jersey Weekend

tinksmom02
09-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Holiday decorations go up right after Halloween in fact the day you leave (Nov 10) is the first MVMCP and the Osbourne Lights begin. As far as the crowds it might be crowded due to I think that it might be Jersey Weekend

You would be correct. Most (if not all) of the public schools, at least, are closed for the NJEA convention On Nov 5 and 6. My daughter's school district is actually closed for that entire week. This kind of bothers me because last year they didn't get off for Election Day for the Presidential election, but this year they do?

Anyway, I digress. I suspect a lot of schools around here are doing the same thing, and will be closed Nov 2-6.

BIGDOG
09-29-2009, 01:29 AM
So do you all thnk 12/12 thru 12/19 would be a better time for a family who have never been around Christmas? I have these dates booked at the CBR and was going to change to early Nov to miss the crowds. I have been trying to booK ADR and seems very hard to find open dinner spots. I am more concerned with crowds then food really my gang are not picky eaters,

ryels
09-29-2009, 08:44 AM
We were in WDW for that same week in November last year. The crowds were very low. We were able to walk on nearly everything and waited only for the really big rides (Soarin', TSM, etc) and those we fastpassed.

The Christmas decorations were up in the parks that week as well. It's a great week to visit. I can't speak for the December week, but the November week is excellent.

BiloxiMom
09-29-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm a little concerned how the new 4/3 deal will now affect the parks. I ws SO hoping for low, low crowds. We changed our Jan. trip to Nov.1 just for low crowds. Oh well....

jnfr2424
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
So do you all thnk 12/12 thru 12/19 would be a better time for a family who have never been around Christmas? I have these dates booked at the CBR and was going to change to early Nov to miss the crowds. I have been trying to booK ADR and seems very hard to find open dinner spots. I am more concerned with crowds then food really my gang are not picky eaters,

I tell everyone I meet that this is the idea week to go to Disney. We've done it in the past before we started going every Thanksgiving. There are practically no lines and the weather is great just bring a light jacket for when the sun goes down.

BIGDOG
09-29-2009, 09:28 AM
I tell everyone I meet that this is the idea week to go to Disney. We've done it in the past before we started going every Thanksgiving. There are practically no lines and the weather is great just bring a light jacket for when the sun goes down.

What week do you referr to 11/3 or 12/12 ? I just had a hard time this year getting this paid for and want to relaxe not be in crazy mobs.

TheDuckRocks
09-29-2009, 11:07 AM

We were at WDW 12/14 thru 12/19 last year and the crowds didn't really start getting heavy until around the 17th. Although I must say it was not crazy insane crowds. All the Christmas hoopla is in full force by Dec., the taping of the Christmas parade will be over, the Pop Warner cheerleaders will be gone, the Osborne Lights will be on and last year the weather was beautiful. With the free dining offers until the 17th this year I think getting ADRs will be difficult no matter when you go. Have a great trip.:santa:

BIGDOG
09-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes thanks for the help, we have decided to stay with our first choice 12/12 thru 12/19. The FREE dining is still good on the 18th and 19th also.. I also just booked southwest non stop to Orlando from Prov only 79.00 that is a big bonus a little higher on the way back but not bad.. Looks like another Christmas in the trenches !!!