PDA

View Full Version : cheerleaders?

dumbo_buddy
09-28-2009, 03:17 PM
hi fellow intercotees!

DH and i are planning on taking our son who will be 7 months at the time to WDW in january!!! we're hoping to book the great 7 for 4 deal.

but i have one question...

in previous years i've gone in january and i remember the high school cheerleaders being around. i'm hoping to avoid them this year. does anyone know what weekend they are there? we are looking to either go the third or fourth week in january.

thanks!:mickey:

(oh and if you have an opinion on either the third or fourth week being better, i'm all ears!)

Strmchsr
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Right now the Wide World of Sports lists the UCA Varsity championships as Jan 15-March 13 so I guess there will be something going on almost every week. The dance team championships are Feb 5-7, majorettes/twirl mainia is Feb 19-22. Just check the Wide World of Sports website for all their event listings.

Imagineer1981
09-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Try to avoid the value resorts, especially the All Stars. Then at least your nights will be quiet

Wishmaker
09-30-2009, 07:33 AM
I know the dance team here from my community will be there in January. From the looks of previous posts It may be February. I will look into it and see. I will find out more about why they are going also and staying. I will let you know what I find out if you would like.
I just sent the instructor an email regarding the new 2010 promotion. She should be following up with me within a day or so. When she does I can get more details for you.
This may help shed some light on why they are going and what events will be taking place.
Our first trip to disney as a family... we stayed at a value resort and something similar was going on. THe only difference was this was August and the group was a foreign group. They didn't speak any english, and they were rude.... but they were high school kids. I wouldn't want you to go through the same thing. :mickey:

Dr. Disney
10-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Last year, we went in December and ended up being there w/ during Pop Warner. Besides the bus ride to the resort, it wasn't too bad.

CaptSmee
10-04-2009, 08:47 PM
it's really not noticeable except on the buses. plan your vacation as normal & don't worry about it. I've been like 4 times during it.

TinkerbellFan16
10-15-2009, 09:55 PM
another hotel they stay at alot is pop century...there rele isn't much difference inside the parks, except random cheering every once ina while. i say go ahead and plan anyway.

dumbo_buddy
10-16-2009, 06:30 AM
don't get me wrong, we are still going regardless of the cheerleaders. i just would like to avoid them if possible. i have been before while the cheerleaders were there. not too bad but the cheering during my 45 min wait for soarin' was so annoying!!!

we will probably also be there with some brazilian tour groups, seeing as it's their summer break. blah.

oh well. i'm sure the fact that i will be there with my then 7 month old ds:cloud9: will certainly keep me way too occupied to be annoyed by cheerleaders!!:mickey:

Gator
10-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Don't worry about the Brazilian groups. They were there last December when I went. They were always well behaved, and they spiced up the waiting time before Fantasmic. The crowd was digging them a lot.

Cheerleaders shouldn't affect the trip too much. They can be annoying at the resort. When I see them, I go the other way - because they move in huge packs. So wherever they go, the cost you another 20 minutes of waiting at least.

MushuGrl
10-16-2009, 04:38 PM
In our quest for a Pop Waffle, it seems we're staying in Pack Land....argh.

Oh well. Pack Land at Disney is better than a wasteland at home!