PDA

View Full Version : Promo Offer 11/1/09 - 3/27/10

Tink1
09-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Travel Dates: 11/1 - 12/24/09 & 1/1 to 3/27/10

Christmas Week is Blacked Out

When you purchase a 4-night/4-day non-discounted Walt Disney Travel Company Magic Your Way package you'll get three additional nights (with tickets) free. This includes hotel nights and admission tickets! That's a week's vacation for the price of just four nights!

Deluxe and Moderate Resorts Buy 4 Get 3 free offer
Value Resorts Buy 5 Get 2 free offer

Codes Vary on individual choices and are too numerous to list.

There are minimum ticket requirements as well. (example: Value Resorts must get a 5 day ticket, Moderates 4 day)

Does not Officially begin until September 30th, but it appears to be bookable now.

Shorter Lengths of stay are available with a 5-day minimum (Example: Stay 5 nights and get one free night, Stay 6 nights and get two free nights)

Book By Dec 20th, 2009

Will be upddating the thread as information becomes available.

Many things have been changing this morning.

For Pricing and Availability, please contact Magical Journeys (https://www.magicaljourneystravel.com/quote_request.html). Your bookings help us keep Intercot going!

Nanc

goofyskier
09-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Just changed by ressie and got the discount at Port Orleans Riverside. The cost dropped about $400.00 for a one week stay.

Was $2623.75 - New Rate of $2204.29 = $419.46.

I've been going in January for a while now and this is the first time I can recall seeing discounts in place this early.

ryels
09-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Let me just say that Magical Journeys rules!

We just got an e-mail from Kathy at MJ about our trip to BC this coming January. Apparently, the deal wasn't offered for standard view rooms there, but Kathy upgraded us to water view to take advantage of the promotion AND saved us around $800 in the process!!! An upgrade for less money! :cloud9:

Way to go Magical Journeys! :thumbsup:

MushuGrl
09-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Oh how AWESOME that they're offering shorter stays! Seven days would have only given us a one day drive home - but we can do six days! YAH!

Gonna do a quick powwow and get with Melissa at MJ!

Kennywife
09-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Can you change a room only offer to this pkg?

Anna

BIGDOG
09-28-2009, 01:40 PM
We just booked Saturday night the free dining 7 nights at the CBR. We booked 12/12 to 12/19 those dates would qualify correct. I am wondering what would be a better value...

Strmchsr
09-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Can you change a room only offer to this pkg?

Anna

Yes, if that's the better deal. It might not be. Don't get caught up in the "free" word. This means you're paying full rack rate on the room in order to get your "free" days so the room only discount might be a better deal. Let Magical Journeys do the math for you.

ajpa
09-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Toyman, I am wondering the same thing. I have a hold on a 5 night Free Dining at CS.
Hmm ...

Strmchsr
09-28-2009, 02:04 PM
We just booked Saturday night the free dining 7 nights at the CBR. We booked 12/12 to 12/19 those dates would qualify correct. I am wondering what would be a better value...

As I said in my previous post, let Magical Journeys do the math for you. Because of all the little details it can be tricky to determine which is the better deal. Probably a big part of it is whether you really want the dining plan or not.

Bethis26fan
09-28-2009, 03:42 PM
We changed from CBR to Allstars to be with another family, so we are better off with the free dinning pin code I had got, but boy if we would have stayed at CBR it would have saved us.

JohnnyNovo
09-28-2009, 04:19 PM
UGH! Its not gonna work for our reservation in Jan. We have a 2BR at BLT but the reservationist says our reservation wont accept the code. Now we have a delema. Do we change to something the code works for?...

MushuGrl
09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
We added an extra night to our five night trip. We had room only booked through MJ. Melissa did the park hopper/room math and turns out we'll be paying a WHOPPING...$7.47 for adding the extra night.

SWEEET! I got that on me!

Dakota Rose
09-28-2009, 08:39 PM
I have friends looking at going March 26-April 2 staying in a villa at YBC. Will they qualify for this offer?

JohnnyNovo
09-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Whew.....Just called back and got a different reservationist. They knew the code and saved me $1600. I went from $7129 to $5741 and added a day.
WhooHoo!!!

sisterslovindisney
09-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Kathy from MJ Rocks!! Switched from CSR to Poly Club for only $1100 more.Take off the amount we save from eating in the club lounge and we end up with only about $600 more to be on :cloud9:

Goofy4TheWorld
09-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Shorter Lengths of stay are available with a 5-day minimum (Example: Stay 5 nights and get one free night, Stay 6 nights and get two free nights)
Nanc

I'm confused. Is there a buy 4 get 1 free for value? what about for moderate/deluxe? I'm looking for a total of 5 nights (for someone else).

mustBgoofy
09-28-2009, 11:30 PM
I have friends looking at going March 26-April 2 staying in a villa at YBC. Will they qualify for this offer?

I have those dates as well and my agent told me that I would qualify because I started my trip before the promotion was over. But someone might want to correct me if I'm wrong.

Tinkerfreak
09-29-2009, 08:04 AM
As I said in my previous post, let Magical Journeys do the math for you. Because of all the little details it can be tricky to determine which is the better deal. Probably a big part of it is whether you really want the dining plan or not.

I agree, don't plan a trip without Magical Journeys. Terrisue checked into this for me but my free dining is a better deal because we have 5 in our party. I love not having to worry and stress out about if I am getting the best deal, they figure it alll out for you.:thumbsup:

KH
09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
MJ rules! Melissa did the math and we saved the price of two plane fares! Oh, yeah!:thumbsup:

ffrda
09-29-2009, 07:25 PM
A shout out to Wendy Lewis of Magical Journeys as well!! Switched our 7 night package at the WL to this deal and saved us $917 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Magical Journeys RULES !!!!

Butterbean
09-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Wow, I am really surprised at the prices! I had previously booked a trip during the free dining in Sept, but had to cancel due to an unexpected repair bill that came in for our house. At the time, I had booked Pop for 8 days/7 nights and had a great price. Now under the buy 5 get 2 free if you add in dining, the price is $664 more than it was under the free dining deal. Looks like we will hold off until next Sept!

JohnnyNovo
09-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Wow, I am really surprised at the prices! I had previously booked a trip during the free dining in Sept, but had to cancel due to an unexpected repair bill that came in for our house. At the time, I had booked Pop for 8 days/7 nights and had a great price. Now under the buy 5 get 2 free if you add in dining, the price is $664 more than it was under the free dining deal. Looks like we will hold off until next Sept!

For the people that book values its seems to be a wash or a little worse than the free dining deal. For the people that book mods or deluxe's, its a better deal.

Butterbean
09-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Actually, I to disagree with it being close to a wash or a better deal on the moderates. The moderate price for 8 days/7 nights during free dining was still over $300 cheaper during free dining if all options stayed the same. For the values, it is $600 cheaper during free dining.
We are still considering taking the trip in January, however we are now kicking ourselves for not being able to go in Sept.

JohnnyNovo
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
True. The number of people in your party will make the difference in the value/moderate categories. The more people, the better free dining is. (i.e. If you were traveling solo, Free dining=$41/day. 4+3=($82room+$ticket)/day)
The more people going would narrow the gap in differences.

Brooklynos
09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
This is great news!!! We were hoping this would come out.... We are taking my little sister and brother in law for their second trip ever so we are even more excited now!!!!!

Dsnygirl
10-01-2009, 04:26 AM
Also, take into consideration that although you are getting 2 or 3 free nights, the "free" park tickets you are getting are worth practically nothing. For an adult 4 day MYW ticket, it is $239, a 5 day ticket is $242 & it is $249 for a 7 day ticket. So, for a buy 4/get 3 @ a moderate or a buy 5/get 2 @ a value, that would be a savings of $10 per adult at a moderate, $7 per adult at a value. So, Disney makes it sound great -- 2 or 3 "free" park days... but you really aren't gaining much with your ticket prices.

Just food for thought... :)

Butterbean
10-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks, I had thought of that and it is a good point. My surprise came in because I have seen the various postings discussing how free dining was not such a good deal and that price breaks on the hotels typically were better. However, in our case, with the free dining offer for 2 adults and 2 children, turned out to be a much better deal than buy 4/get 3. We are still planning to go in January, but just disappointed that we lost such a good deal in September! Hopefully Disney will offer a bounceback while we are there for Sept, because we will probably jump on it!

ToraTory
10-01-2009, 01:22 PM

I just did the math... I booked with free dining as well. We, two adults, are staying for 8 nights at POFQ here's the prices:

Free dining = $2030.64
Current deal with dining added = $2,071.16

So I saved $40 with the original deal :mickey:

I suppose someone could argue that I could save more money by not adding the dining plan (total w/o dining = $1,431.32) but we always try to get the dining plan as we like being able to order whatever we want without having to worry about the cost.

Don't worry about the money, just plan your amazing trip :thumbsup: -- tory

Iluvpooh
10-06-2009, 09:53 AM
I was just wondering how many people have or are going to book under these codes. I am hoping that no one books and they offer something better. I am another family of 4 who missed out on free dining for December waiting on a February deal. (Yes, we get the dining plan so it is a big savings for us)

A&M'sMommy
10-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I called last night and got the deal too. I ended up saving $983.33 for our AKL trip in February. Yee ha!!!

disneyfankev
10-06-2009, 12:27 PM
i'm hoping they add the 200.00 gift card to the offer

happy day
10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
If they would add the 200 gift card then it would be like the deal last year at spring break. I like the gift card too. That might sell me on going again. During spring break the price for the hotels are so high that even with the deal, it is very expensive.

crltkcagle
10-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I was hoping to book this offer again this year but it looks like they aren't offering the same dates as last year. We did the buy 4 get 3 in May of last year and wanted to go back at that time again this year. Any change they might offer it for May again?

happy day
10-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Will the deal last through a trip if it ends on the 28th instead of the 27?

JohnnyNovo
10-17-2009, 09:29 PM
It goes by your check in date. You have to check in, on or prior to the 27th.