PDA

View Full Version : What is mid-April weather and crowd numbers like

Genie1953
09-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi everyone,
Next year we will be at Disneyworld from April 10 - April 18. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside. For those of you who have been there at that time what kind of weather can we expect? Will it be warm enough to swim? Easter falls on April 4th next year so what kind of crowd numbers can we expect? Our last trip was in Sept/Oct 05 during a free dining plan with room discount and although I read reports where others thought the crowds were terrible we did not think they were too bad. Any information you all can give us will be much appreciated.

JohnnyNovo
09-27-2009, 09:28 PM
We went April 14th - 22nd this year and the crowds were horrible. We have been there 3 times this year and its amazing to compare our trips to see how bad it actually was. January and August were great compared. But the week we went ended up being the week after Easter, I dont know if that makes a difference. The wait times for the rides were long but we didnt care at the time. Where we really noticed the crowds is waiting for buses. Sometimes we had to catch the 2nd to 3rd bus to get where we were going. Rember crowds fluctuate and it may not be that bad.

JohnnyNovo
09-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Sorry forgot about the weather. The weather was warm enough to swim. We did at the resort. The pools are also heated. I think the temps fluctuated in the upper 70's for a high when we were there.

SBETigg
09-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Easter was April 12 this year, and we were there from April 19-24 and thought the crowds were very manageable, even on the low side. I guess it all depends on your park schedule. Sounds like we managed to avoid crowds. If they were there, we didn't get caught in them. It was warm, but not intolerable (low 80s)- great weather. One rainy afternoon, but showers came and went. I thought it was a great time to go.