PDA

View Full Version : Too late in the season?

BelleKP
09-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Just asking for some advice . . . is it too late to have a garage sale next Saturday (Oct. 3)?

I know it's very late in the season to have one, it's just taken us this long to get the things together (we're refinishing our basement). I wasn't going to have one, but after doing a clean sweep, we have enough for a decent sale.
I'm in Burlington, ON, so weather could be a factor . . . cool, but hopefully no rain. There were tons of sales this week . . . but I'm just not sure if an 'October' sale will garner enough interest.
What do you think? Should we go for it?

CanadianWDWFan
09-27-2009, 02:43 PM
We just had one last weekend here in the GTA. I saw quite a few this weekend already. I think that as long as the weather is still pleasant then you should be alright.

As for our turn out, we had good numbers come through. So for us it was a success.

DVC2004
09-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh it's fine still- we still have tons around here every weekend that I have noticed. Today it's in the mid-70's, beautiful. As long as it's not terribly cold I think you're fine to still have one for a while now.

beksy
09-27-2009, 11:57 PM
I would think as long as it's not cold, you might be better off now. People aren't rushing to get through a ton of different sales and beat the heat so you might do better. I know I'd rather go to a sale now than in the middle of summer.

MNNHFLTX
09-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I think it's actually a very good time of year for a garage sale, as long as the weather is holding up. Here in Texas I wouldn't even consider having a garage sale in the summertime, the heat is too intense.