PDA

View Full Version : Need help on restaurant choices!!

mustBgoofy
09-27-2009, 11:50 AM
This will be my DH and my 1st trip together to Disney. Last time I was there was 1996 so a LOT has changed. We are not on the DDP because we just don't eat that much food and plan on taking a PB&J sandwich into the park with us while we are there. I have some dinner suggestions from friends such as Boma, and we are doing a character breakfast, maybe 1900 PF because I'm such a Mary Poppins fan. Any suggestions you could give would be great! We are going 3/26-4/2. Anyone ever eaten at the Diamond Horeshoe ( I just saw this on Disney's site). Oh, and one night will be the HDDR. THANKS!

EllieMae
09-27-2009, 11:54 AM
I think you can't go wrong with a character breakfast, they are always fun and have a good variety of food. I haven't had the one of 1900 PF but hear good things. And, the HDDR is a great choice! We went last year (after not having been there for about 20 or 25 years) and it was great! Hopefully we will make it there every trip, the food AND the show were great.

One suggestion I have would be to try out one of the restaurants in the world showcase at Epcot. You can decide what country sounds good to you and they have the menus here on intercot to help you choose. I think they have good choices for lunch and dinner.

SBETigg
09-27-2009, 12:28 PM
California Grill, at the top of the Contemporary, is a very romantic setting for a meal with great food and service, a little pricey but if it was a choice between Hoop Dee Doo and that with two adults and no kids, I would choose California Grill, timed with Wishes to watch the fireworks from the rooftop deck. Ideally, I wouldn't choose but do both. Narcoossee's is also a nice fine dining choice.

But if fine dining isn't your thing, there are plenty of good dining experiences. I like Boma (African buffet), 'Ohana (Polynesian, family style), Mexico's San Angel Inn has a new tequila bar that would be a great place for a light bite, World Showcase restaurants are all good bets depending on what you like, and the Grand Floridian Cafe is one of my favorites. Also, Raglan Road (Irish pub) at Downtown Disney.

bruin1344
09-27-2009, 02:57 PM
One suggestion I have would be to try out one of the restaurants in the world showcase at Epcot. You can decide what country sounds good to you and they have the menus here on intercot to help you choose. I think they have good choices for lunch and dinner.

I highly recommend one of the world showcase countries.

EJS-Houston
09-28-2009, 12:19 PM
I'll add my vote for the World Showcase restaurants in EPCOT. We've had good luck with the Nine Dragons in the China Pavilion, Les Chefs du France in France, and we really enjoyed the counter service restaurant in the Morroccan pavilion very much (this from someone who lives in a city with a LOT of Mediterranean restaurants to give him a reference base).

lockedoutlogic
09-28-2009, 04:06 PM
what kind of food do you like to eat? i need that to give you a personalized recommendation...

mustBgoofy
09-28-2009, 07:25 PM
what kind of food do you like to eat? i need that to give you a personalized recommendation...

We like to eat a variety of things. We eat Mexican, chinese (we have family in China and are used to traditional meals when they are in the states), japanese. We like to try new things. I definitely think that We are going to try Le Cellier because my husband loves a good steak and we will be there for his birthday. Thanks so much for the help!! :D

MississippiDisneyFreak
09-29-2009, 08:43 AM
LeCellier is great, be sure to book plenty ahead of time....