PDA

View Full Version : Canldelight package?

Mrs Bus Driver
09-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Where is the seating for the package? We will be dinning at Chiefs De France if that makes a difference.:mickey:

faline
09-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Makes no difference where you dine. Basically, what happens, is that the folks on line for the dinner package are let into the seating area before those folks who don't have the package. You can sit anywhere you want that is open - but those on the package usually tend to sit closer to the front.

I've found that, even with the dining package, you do need to get on line. When we did it, we attended the second showing of the evning and the line began about the same time as the first showing began.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-26-2009, 08:11 PM
How is it for illuminations? The reason I booked was for my DH this will be his first and most likely only trip. So I am trying to make things nice for him. Anyway I couldn't get a reservation for Rose and Crown (you know for the patio) I really think he will enjoy illuminations. Haven't seen the CLP before, it sounds nice and he might like it.:mickey:

faline
09-26-2009, 09:10 PM
While it is a special treat to see Illuminations from Rose and Crown while enjoying dinner, there are many places around Worl Showcase that offer you excellent views of Illuminations. If you want a front row seat, stake out a spot along the lake about 1 to 1-1/2 hours before Illuminations is scheduled.

sgdisney
09-26-2009, 09:19 PM
It is my understanding that this year the CP dinner package includes a reserved area for viewing Illuminations too. But I have no idea where the viewing area is, nor did the CM when I made my reservation.

Mrs Bus Driver
09-26-2009, 09:38 PM
It is my understanding that this year the CP dinner package includes a reserved area for viewing Illuminations too. But I have no idea where the viewing area is, nor did the CM when I made my reservation.

Yes that was my understanding to, but I don't seem to be able to find any more information about it. Hopefully someone will come along who knows. :mickey:

LittleRoosMommy
09-27-2009, 12:36 PM
I was also told that we would have preferred viewing for Illuminations when I booked our Candlelight Processional Package. The CM I spoke with was not sure where the viewing area would be either.

Hopefully someone will be along with some more info!

TammiMcMan
09-27-2009, 01:11 PM
To the best of my knowledge, Disney has not released any details on the specific viewing areas being offered. A few CM's have been pretty consistent telling people that they'll receive some sort of badge during dinner, that will gain them access to one of three assigned, preferred viewing areas.

To the OP, I wouldn't be too disappointed about not getting the Rose & Crown. You can't guarantee patio seating and in all reality, there are only a very few tables that offer an unobstructed view. Many patio tables are under an awning and even more are inside the restaurant. You truly need the luck of the Irish to get a great table there.

faline
09-27-2009, 04:50 PM
I would suspect that the preferred viewing areas for Illuminations may change from day to day, depending upon whether any of these areas have been booked for private parties. This may be why you get assigned to your viewing area when you get to your restaurant.

TammiMcMan
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing Linda.

Marilyn Michetti
09-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Actually, as a veteran of the stand by line at CLP, I can tell you that the two lines, reserved and stand by move simultaneously into the seating area. There will be a CM with a counter, and they know how many reserved seats there are, and will cut off the stand by line when the numbers are right. I'm in line early and get front section seats every time. I'm not "down" on the packages, but they're really not necessary.:)