PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to Whispering Canyon?

Mrs Bus Driver
09-26-2009, 06:31 PM
I think we will be coming from a park but not sure which one. So what is best Bus? Boat? Monorail? what do you think? Just trying to be prepared Thanks :mickey:

phillydan
09-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Whispering Canyon is at Wilderness Lodge - it is not on the monorail line. You are pretty much limited to the bus, except from MK - I think you can also get a resort launch (boat).

PeterPan
09-26-2009, 08:32 PM
If you are at the Magic Kingdom, take the "Resort Launch" to Wilderness Lodge and walk the pathway all the way up to the Lobby - which is where Whispering Canyon Cafe is. If you at another resort, take the bus to the MK and walk to the boat that takes you to WL. If you are at another Theme Park, take the Wilderness Lodge bus and walk into the lobby. Be ready for a really, really noisy meal.

#1donaldfan
09-27-2009, 08:42 AM
....yep, from MK take the boat....we did once and it was fun !!! ...from another park you'll have to grab a bus ..... !! :thumbsup:

Mrs Bus Driver
09-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Thanks everyone, I think DH will like the boat so I'll try to make sure we are at MK. :mickey:

phillydan
09-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Make sure you allows at least 1 hour travel time if you are taking the boat. Even if you arrive early, you will want some time to explore the lobby and grounds at Wilderness Lodge.

sorcerer fan
09-27-2009, 07:47 PM
when you eat make sure you ask for catsup

#1donaldfan
09-28-2009, 12:31 PM
......make sure you ask for extra water, the food can be sorta spicy....just sayin'.....:thumbsup:

EJS-Houston
09-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Whispering Canyon is at Wilderness Lodge - it is not on the monorail line. You are pretty much limited to the bus, except from MK - I think you can also get a resort launch (boat).

Yes, there is indeed a launch from the Magic Kingdom. We ate there 2 years ago. Dinner was good. Allow yourself plenty of time to get there, though. I'd advise as much as an hour in advance of your reservation time, given that the available transportation modes are neither particularly pentiful nor fast. I think we left about 45 minutes in advance two years and did not make it on time (although the restaurant still honored our reservation). We took the launch from Magic Kingdom, and if you don't time it just right, you wind up standing around for a good long while waiting for another launch.

braindew
09-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Catsup!!!

diz_girl
09-28-2009, 05:42 PM
If you're going to WCC (in WL) from the MK, then boat. But I think that they might have a bus too.

From EPCOT - Bus is more direct. But the monorail to the TTC, then the local to either the MK or CR, then the boat to WL is nice. I love monorail and boat rides.

From DHS or AK - bus.

jnfr2424
09-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Make sure you allows at least 1 hour travel time if you are taking the boat. Even if you arrive early, you will want some time to explore the lobby and grounds at Wilderness Lodge.

:ditto:
The lobby alone is worth exploring even after dinner take the time to enjoy this beautiful place

cer
09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Be ready for a really, really noisy meal.

Unless you are going for lunch and then it is pretty much dead...at least that has been our experience....

Buttercup
09-29-2009, 05:56 PM
WHO'S GOT THE KETCHUP?!?!?!?!?!?!:funny:

BIGDOG
10-01-2009, 03:41 PM
WHO'S GOT THE KETCHUP?!?!?!?!?!?!:funny:

We are eating there in Dec as well what is this about Ketchup? Or should I not ask?

Through the looking Glass
10-05-2009, 05:35 PM
You probably could use some extra straws and napkins with you ketchup.