PDA

View Full Version : "Fame" comments.....

disneycutie165
09-26-2009, 04:55 PM
In the end, I will tell you that "Fame" was good & that it's worth seeing. But there were a few things that I was curious about. Ok, this is a PG rated movie, but the language involved was not PG, more PG-13. There were a few "s" words, a few "b" words. For a PG movie, this surprised me. PG isn't that PG anymore! What is the deal!? Of course for me it isn't my concern because I'm older, but I'm just wondering about the little kids. What do you think?

But "Fame" was really good! Just to add on!:thumbsup:

NotaGeek
09-26-2009, 06:38 PM
I am not sure I think that Fame would be a little kid movie, regardless of rating.

SBETigg
09-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm not interested in the remake. Wasn't the original rated R? I think they're just trying to catch the crowd of young people interested in the whole High School Musical/American Idol/Glee type of shows.

As for the language issue, I remember when I was a kid and there was a big uproar when they used some "bad" words in the Bad News Bears. It was PG, too, and that was a long time ago. Before we even had PG-13. I don't think it's that big a deal, not that I'm a fan of the usage. According to the film ratings board, a PG movie can contain mature themes, some profanity, and brief nudity, but no depiction of drug use. A PG-13 is required when there are more sexual situations, violence, or drug use. Use of a few bad words is not enough to rate above a PG rating. Parental Guidance means that parents should be aware of what may be involved before bringing their kids, so that's nice of you to mention it in case anyone was considering it and would be bothered by that. Unfortunately, I think most kids have heard those words at quite an early age these days.

BriarRose0708
09-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I was terribly disappointed in the Fame remake. I saw it on Friday with high hopes and left the theatre wondering why I felt really empty inside. There was no plot and the characters were one-dimensional. The performance pieces were ok, but looked too much like American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance auditions. I did enjoy the faculty- Kelsey Grammar, Meagan Mullaly, Bebe Newerth, and Forrest Whittaker were fantastic, and I would have liked to see much more of them as opposed to the students. Rent the original and skip this one.